CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam lake 9/25
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watthe555

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Bantam lake 9/25 Reply with quote

so i guess everybody was hitting Bantam today and, so did I. i got on the water at around 3 pm. i bought some new pike lures and wanted to catch some pike on them. one of them was the t-1 spinnerbait, the other a big bionic spinnerbait, and i had one more that was a spoon with a rooster tail. i hit the south bay for pike but didnt catch any so i moved to the south end of the middle bay. my dad got the 1st catch which was a smallie on his swimming senko with a weedless gamatsaku hook:

and then about 10 minutes later i got a bite with a zoom fat albert grub on a weighted and weedless hook.:

we went into the "NO WAKE ZONE" but didnt catch anything so i decided we go back to the south bay to see if the pike were biting and they werent so i got unhappy. it was starting to get dark and the fish were jumping everywhere and we stayed longer.didnt catch a single fish and i left to the launch and got off the water at about 7:30. i think the wonderful weather made the pike not hungry. maybe next time.

-phil
bdiggy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, last week when it was nice and cool and the water temp dropped some, they were up and active. Then the humidity returned and sank them right back down. We were going to try the Bantam River again this week, but now it's looking like a bass hole tomorrow instead.
watthe555

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i know what you mean, if its warm next weekend ill probably hit highland or twin lakes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: