CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake 9-25
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Bantam Lake 9-25 Reply with quote

Went to Bantam Lake today with some friends for the first time. Launched at the Memorial Marina at around 11am. The weather turned out to be a great day, originally I thought it was going to rain today. We fished around edges of the South and North Bay. In total we boated about 7 fish between a pike, SMB, a few LMB, and a rock bass. Lost a handful of largemouths around the weeds and pads (set the hook too early). Most of them were small, I say the Pike was probably the longest estimated around 12-13 inches or so..the SMB was 11". I thought it was a great first time experience. I didn't realize that the water was so murky, for some reason I was under the impression it was clear like Highland. All in all it was a good day and I believe worth the hour drive. We used 5" senkos of different colors, spinner baits, frogs, and a couple topwater lures. Bass were caught on senkos, and the Pike was caught on a spinner.

-Steve
watthe555

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAP, if you wanna see some clear water you gotta try twin lakes. its will probably be too far of a drive from you but whenever i go i have great fishing.

-phil
hila2006

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins lakes? Where are they located? I'm in Wolcott, I've seen a couple posts on here about it being a good place..
Thanks much.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

The twin lakes they are talking about are in Salisbury, Ct.
East Twin and West Twin.

Don't you guys have a copy of the "Ct. Angler Guide" Question
You can pick up a FREE copy at most Bait and Tackle shops.
Many lakes and ponds + rivers and streams listed and what towns they are in + what fish are in them!
Also each waters listed will have their open and closed seasons posted + what is allowed or not allowed on those waters.

Get a copy Exclamation + a map of Ct. Exclamation

Then you can utilize your time doing your own research, instead of waiting for an answer here on the forum!
Also you can mark, on the map + roads, to all the waters near you!

Best regards,
SeaDog1
watthe555

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. its in the top left corner of CT. I think it is one of the best lakes to fish in ct for bass and trout and to get to west twin lakes you have to cross this tiny bridge ( i just make it) and it looks amazing for bass and the ct record pickerel was caught there. i think it will take you about 1.5 hours for you to get there but it might take less if you take ct-8 south.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Only East Twin has public access at O'Hare's with a $10.00 launching fee.
There is a DEP launch site near there, but is blocked by big rocks to water so only canoe and kayaks can be launched + very limited parking.

There is NO public access to West Twin -> To get into it you need a very low boat to get under the bridge on "Between the lakes road" from East Twin.

SeaDog1
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

I think that the northern pike bite will get better at Bantam Lake as the air and water get cooler. I was surprised that Derek and I didn't get any when we fished Bantam River on Friday.

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil - That's what I heard and hope for! I will tell you what though I really like that place. Its about a little over an hour for me and I paid the 10 dollar launching fee at the marina but it was all worth it....

-Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: