CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 09/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond 09/29 Reply with quote

I paddled and fished Batterson Park Pond for a few hours between rainstorms, from 11:40 am to 2:30 pm. The air was cool, there was very little wind and the sky was totally overcast. When I arrived at the boat launch ramp, i was surprised to find that the pond had been drained three to four feet from its normal level:

The submerged island is no longer submerged:

The water was extremely murky with visibility of less than a foot. I mostly threw a small white buzzbait. The buzzbait got me a short nine inch largemouth bass over the weeds on the west shore:

I had forgotten to put any soft plastics in my kayak, but found an old frog already on a hook with my stickbaits, so I tied it onto my setup that's spooled with 12 pound test Berkley NanoFil. I really wasn't expecting any hits on it after getting only one with the much noisier buzzbait and wanted to be able to cast it further than I would with my setup that's spooled with 40 pound test Power Pro braid. I got three hits on the frog, but missed the only hookset I tried when the line broke. I knew that I should have switched the frog to my other setup, but I got lazy. Embarassed I fished in the rain for a hour before the rumble of thunder in the distance chased me off of the water. I plan to put The Other Woman in the pond to see where the fish have concentrated. I gotta go charge the battery for my fish finder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: