CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bashan Lake 10/1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Bashan Lake 10/1 Reply with quote

Went to Bashan Lake today for a bit with the original intention of going to the river. Plans to launch in Wethersfield and Keeny just didnt work out....and I wanted to go somewhere where I havent before. Got to Bashan around 1 and launched. There were no cars in the lot. Water temp was 70 degrees with a big breeze here and there. Started on the other side of the lake and worked my way back. Used mostly 5" Chartuse Senkos and 5" Pumkinseed Senkos...Caught a handful of LMB with the biggest being 15" and 2lbs, second biggest was 13"... Not a bad day...especially since I thought it was going to rain.

-Steve
hila2006

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Steve, deffinitely better than not getting out at all. River was raging today when we went to the science center earlier today.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishface (aka Tim) fished Bashan Lake last Saturday (09/24) for a while. I've never been there. He told me that the water is clear and deep, like Lake McDonough. He threw a spinnerbait, a KVD crankbait, a Rapala Original Floater and wacky rigged Senkos in 20 feet of water. He got eight largemouth bass, two chain pickerel and one yellow perch. The lunker bass was only about two pounds.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Yeah I have noticed ever since the hurricane the water has been horrid. I think fishing might be ruined for the year in the river and ocean....I primarily do Lakes and Ponds anyways Smile

Phil - thats awesome. Yeah it was the first time I had been there, the water seemed pretty clear! For a motorboat though its tough coming out of the channel when you first launch...I had to troll out.

-Steve
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Yeah! I fished Bashan a lot when I lived in East Hampton.
The channel from the boat launch is real narrow with rocks on either side.
Bashan is a pretty lake.
Have caught many large Crappies there -> They tend to hang out mid-lake around 15 ft. down.

SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great smallie lake,,, No smallies Question
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flippy!

As I told you -> I'm totally out of the bass fishing business and tourneys -> The addiction is LONG LONG GONE Exclamation

I sold and gave away all of my bass fishing gear and tackle!

That includes all my heavy very expensive saltwater gear (Tuna/Marlin/Shark/Wahoo/etc.)

I'm strictly UL / Micro-Light and Fly now -> I find it personally much more challenging and satisfying Exclamation
I do periodically like catching big fish on gear that tests my fishing ability.
Catching that big smallie (as a by-catch) at Colebrook the other day on 3 lb. test was nice and I did release it.
Besides I like to eat the fish I catch (Salmon, Trout, Crappies, Yellow Perch, White Perch, -> and in the winter Bull Bluegills, nice big fat Pike and SMELT my favorite!)

LMB and SMB are, in fact, listed at the very bottom of the epicurean palatability list. thumbs down
YUCK! Always have that warm water muddy taste in my opinion. thumbs down
And as for Carp -> Not interested! thumbs down

I love living up here in the NW corner of Ct. -> I have so many lakes, ponds, streams, and rivers within a 30 minute ride of home (+ those in Mass.)
I'm living in the middle of Fishing Nirvana Central Exclamation Very Happy

Looking forward to the fall Brown trout spawning run and Crappie pre-winter schooling.

Also I'm now getting all my ice fishing gear in order -> Hope this year will be better -> last season was really awful with so much snow over the ice!

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All LMB yesterday. There are some good weedy spots at Bashan I noticed. I really want to catch some smallies. I think I am going to have to head to Candlewood!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: