CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Tell me why you're mad!!! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Tell me why you're mad!!! Reply with quote

Being from the Hartford area, one of the local hip-hop stations is Hot 93.7, which I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with. I'm not much into that type of music myself (more of a classic rock kinda guy), but I catch some tunes here and there while I'm flickin' through stations. I've heard about a bit being done, and finally caught it the other day, where the DJ answers the phone, says "Hot 93.7, tell me why you mad!" and it gives callers a chance to vent a little bit. So, I know a lot of you outdoorsmen out there have something you'd like to vent about. Whether you're a fisherman (or woman) hunter, hiker, etc. This is CTFishTalk.com! Tell me why you're mad!!!

I'll start off...

I'm mad because being a law abiding, license holding fisherman, i have more of a chance of getting a fine or worse than a non-english speaking, law breaking foreigner fishing with no license. Not racist, but if any of you remember my story about the group of asian people at the shore with no license and keeping short blackfish out of season and were told merely to leave by a DEP officer, you'll agree with me when i tell you this story. A striper has to be 28 inches, or if you fillet it, the fillet has to be that length if not accompanied by the carcass. A buddy of mine filleted his bass on board, the fillet measured 27in, so he figured he wouldn't be hassled. Well DEP checked his catch at the dock and fined him. I swear authority in this country is out to get us!

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
watthe555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what your talking about its crazy. even though i dont drive yet, cops just fine anybody for what they can. and half the time cops dont follow the laws too, i saw a cop pass me on the highway with no sirens going at least 90 mph. theres just too much to be mad about these days, and school is one of them for me, it sucks!
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this lol. You make some good points. I figure I would throw my 2 cents in on why I am mad..

(Not in any order)

1) Because of this bs Bantam Lake "Residents Only" Boat Launch...need I say more...
2) Taxes. I mean really this is getting out of control. Now I am being taxed more on my paycheck, on top of it in CT we have car taxes (some states don't) and I am forking over $1,000 in car taxes alone when the time comes. Where is this money going, honestly? The roads are crap, when it snows it takes almost a whole day for someone to come down here...
3) The legal limit for Summer Flounder is 17" from shore and is 1. I am more of a freshwater guy not saltwater, but seriously?
4) People that dont launch a boat or kayak and park in the trailer spaces!! This drives me crazy. They are there for a reason!!
5) Ocean fishing license. Correct me if I am wrong on this, but didnt this recently change like 2 or 3 years ago. What is the reasoning behind it? I understand freshwater, but ocean?? Really?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm mad because being a law abiding, license holding fisherman, i have more of a chance of getting a fine or worse than a non-english speaking, law breaking foreigner fishing with no license. "

Whether your racist or not, to sound less racist it woul have made more sense to state that you have more of a chance of getting a fine worse then someone who doesnt have a license.

AI would be more mad at ANYONE who leaves trash, takes more fish then or smaller / bigger than the limit. Which a license isnt stopping them from doing so.

--------------

I am mad because, in Connecticut we cannot fish in any reservoirs from a boat for that matter a RAFT!
BUT
Many of the reservoirs I have been to at some point in my ventures of I have some sort of color full oil slick on the waters shore, I took pictures of some.
I am thinking next year I am going to take pictures, print and report.

-----------------

I am not mad but, I cant handle listening to that part of the show. I could understand people have different levels of tolerances to things that make them angry, though the things that man of these callers call in for are ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, let’s see. I’m mad because:

My paycheck is taxed to the hilt, and then everything else I buy afterwards is then taxed again.

The a$$hole in the left lane wouldn’t move over and kept pace with traffic in the right lane. For the love of a sidewinder missle.

The government:
Doesn’t seem to understand the word illegal as in illegal aliens.
Keeps getting us into wars we have no reason being in and countless young men and women die. Iraq
Bails out the wrong people and then doesn’t hold them accountable for the money…big banks.

I’m 45 years old and can’t lose weight like when I was 25 years old.

The state of CT made it dam near impossible to get a rebate on your fishing license this year.

I can’t fish as much as I want to.

And, just to wrap it up, my wife got her period the other day…now I’m pissed!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not mad. A little bit irritated or frustrated sometimes, perhaps, but not mad. Life's just too short. Very Happy

Go fishing, my friends. . . .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mad because the state decided to retroactively increase taxes and now my pay check is 400$ lighter ever 2 weeks. I have to pay the 12 months worth of increased taxes in 3 months.

Also, mad that our dollar keeps losing it's value. The government, the banks and big business are ruining this country. They are all crooks. Our country keeps getting deeper into debt, our dollar's value is diminishing and I know it's only going to get worse, unless we start from scratch and get rid of all the crooks in government.

Justin
SAP284

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad I am not the only one with issues with these taxes lol. Between my house, cars, and paycheck its ridiculously out of control....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Did you know? Reply with quote

When President Obama said, "It's only right we ask everyone to pay their fair share," you might think that he was talking about the bottom 40 percent of households by income that paid -3.3 percent of the total federal individual income tax in 2007, which is the last year for which the Congressional Budget Office has published data. Unfortunately, he was talking about the top 20 percent that paid 86 percent of the total federal individual income tax in 2007. More than 45 percent of households will have no income tax liability this year. Many will even get more back than they paid in; that used to be called welfare. Rolling Eyes

With no "skin in the game" when it comes to paying income tax, what incentive do people have to vote for politicians who want to make real cuts to spending, including in not only the discretionary budget, but also in the defense and entitlement budgets? "Occupy Wall Street"? A better name for it would be "We Think We're Entitled to Something for Nothing".

Maybe I'm a little mad about something, after all. Confused

I'm going to go fishing, now. . . .

Last edited by PECo on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

#1 -> A FLAT TAX Exclamation

I'd go for 9-9-0 (No national sales tax -> Leave state sales and US custom/trade taxes as is!) or something similar and fair.

Seriously reform the EPA and eliminate unescessarry rules and regs. that hamper & restrict businesses to get established or florish.

Repeal NAFTA (that Clinton made law)....... that really hurt this country.

And as for dealing with China -> !@#$%^& -> Don't even get me started Exclamation
Have to agree with D. Trump on one point...... "That China is ripping us off" Exclamation

Yup! Guess I'm a bit angry about something(s) also Evil or Very Mad

SeaDog1
Flipper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm angry about many of the same things you guys are (especially the Bantam Lake crap). So here is a different topic:
The government spends all this $ on wars to help protect other countries' people. Ever notice that it's only for countries that have oil? They sure don't seem to care about the tribes of people being wiped out by militant leaders in third world countries like Africa. The whole time the gov is cutting spending on public education in record amounts, essentially dumbing down our own country. And what does the school systems spend the little $ that they do get on? Sex education?!?! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
This one really gets me. Why don't the schools concentrate on teaching my child what she will need to get into college? Exposing my 11yr old girl to things involved with sex education (and believe me - it's graphic and detailed) is not the school systems right or peragative in my opinion. Why don't you let me decide what is appropriate to teach my kids about life lessons. What they are doing (in this situation) is not called education. It's called parenting!!!! Leave that to me and spend the $ on real education. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen

Actually, I'm in favor of a progressive income tax rate (i.e., in which those who earn more pay more). The rich can afford to pay more than the poor. However, I think that everyone above a minimum income (e.g., the poverty level or some multiple of it) should pay something, even if it's only five percent. And tax credits should be tied to tax liabilities like they used to be; you shouldn't be able to take out more than you put in. After all, it's not supposed to be welfare. Rolling Eyes

And corporations should pay more than they do now. Theoretically, corporations are supposed to be operated for the financial benefit of their shareholders. Unfortunately, they now seem to be operated for the financial benefit of their executives (e.g., just look at investment banker compensation). I still don't understand how this was allowed to happen and become the norm (e.g., is the new Apple CEO really worth one million shares of Apple stock {i.e., 404.44 million dollars}?).

Phil

Last edited by PECo on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damian

The Republican members of Avon's Boards of Education and Finance keep reducing the budget for Avon's schools. I've always voted mostly Republican in the past, but not any more. The Tea Partiers might be "penny wise", but they're also "pound foolish". "Pound stupid", actually. We didn't choose to buy a house in Avon because it spends as little as possible on its schools. Rolling Eyes

Whatever happened to the political middle, anyway?

Phil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too much with the government, and yes i would have to agree with spending way too much on the military. we know its important but i feel if we dont spend much on it, we will have a lot better of an economy.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has turned political!

I forgot to add that i am mad that its illegal to talk on a hand held phone while driving (not safe) but, its ok / safe for a cop to do so!

I am mad that the $1.00 may end up being a coin down the road!
I am going to be have more lost $1 coins in the 1st couple years then I have ever lost a $1 bill!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: