CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Conservation & DEP
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
secchi1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond Reply with quote

I am currently a grad student researching the water quality of Batterson Park Pond. It would be appreciated if anyone who fishes at the the pond share any fishing experiences they have had. Specifically, I am looking for information on the quality of the fishing experience and the type and quality of the fish caught (including pictures if available). Based on the water chemistry data that I have collected and information that I have found in the literature Batterson should not be able to support a healthy walleye fishery. A few posts that I have read have indicated that the walleye being caught are small. However the bass fishing seems to be pretty good.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Welcome aboard! Reply with quote

There's no need to repost this more than once. I think that this is the correct spot for it, though. Very Happy

I fish at Batterson Park Pond fairly often, probably 10 times per year. I usually target largemouth bass there, but sometimes target walleye. I'm no expert at fishing for walleye and have caught only one 18 inch keeper out of four or five walleye over the last two years.

Do you have access to the DEEP's electrofishing data from the pond? I know that they surveyed it in early 2010. I'd love to know what they got.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

I agree with you!

Hmmmmm? 5-6 posts on the same subject Question
And why only on Batterson?
Seems like a lot of work for a grad student just to analyze 1 body of water Rolling Eyes

Something smells fishy in Denmark Exclamation

SeaDog1
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the handfull of times I've been there I have only caught one walleye and it was a small 15" fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Conservation & DEP All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: