CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: flashers?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hookt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: flashers? Reply with quote

I`ve been ice fishing for a few years and really love it! I don`t like to rush time because it goes by too fast but, I got the bug to go! This year I will add a flasher or fishfinder to my gear. I have been researching these since last winter and get more confused with every article, post, or spec. sheet I read! Can you guys give me your honest oppinions and or recomondations? This would be helpfull in narrowing down the models I have chosen. Thanks!!
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyfly00 (aka Jon) recently wrote about the flasher that he just picked up:
jonnyfly00 wrote:
http://www.reedssports.com/Product/product.taf?_function=detail&_ID=4714&pc=1591

By the way these machines come very well reviewed...they have a color display, a graph or flasher mode, so u can use them on open water too, and reeds has an amazing deal on them right now. If you register with their site the final place is $237 (no membership fee or anything) with no tax and free shipping. I have been reading a lot of iceshanty posts about guys giving up their Vex fl-8's and fl-12s for these machines just because of the amount of features, particular the very fine-tuned zooming. The graph mode is in real-time too, so there is no delay. These things will be sold out before december for sure.

Jon uses electronics while ice fishing more than anyone else I met while ice fishing for my first season last Winter. If you're in the market for a new flasher, you should check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info PECo. I will check that out. All other knowledge and or opinions will be welcomed because I am going to invest in this pricey piece of electronics and would like to get the most bang for the buck as we all would like! Thanks again!
IceAddict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hookt,

I personally use 3 types of electronics. Flasher, camera and fish finder. I have had all several years, the first being the fish finder. It is also the last one I bring with me because the camera and flasher do more for me. The flasher I have is a Hummingbird Ice 35, which is basic. I only bought it because it was all that was available a day before an icefishing tournament and I wanted to try it. Most definitely I would spend the extra cash and get the 45 or 55 or other brands that offer added features. So much a flasher can do for you, especially icefishing. Lastly, cameras are a blast. I use it once I find fish, like a school of perch. To actually watch a fish take your jig is awesome. But, if I could only have one, definitely a flasher.
hookt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Ice Addict! I also have a camera, an AquaView and i love it! it makes setting up baited tip-ups just above the weeds a breeze. gotta spend the money if ya want something decent. thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: