CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Naugatuck River Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPell333

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the tips fishfinder! u da man.

not sure if i was in your spot...i park near the industrial park/offices and walk down and walk the bank of the river its the area between the rt 8 bridge and the steel bridge across from the mill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not my spot. Did you catch anything?

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
JPell333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nada...it was gorgeous out there tho..had a few cold ones and a relaxing day nothign wrong with that....a couple fish on the end of my line woulda helped though haha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys havent seen or ran into any salmon? seems like you are using live bait didnt think you could in most of the naugy with the salmon stockings... suckers dont hit artificial bait...
bdiggy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends if the salmon are broadstock or not. They're not where they are, so youth salmon are catch and release and they can keep 2 trout a day. In Thomaston where I fish, it depends on which side of the dam i'm on. Above it is one salmon a day in the open season and trout catch and release only with an artificial lure with one hook and no additional weight. Below is fishable by all methods, but salmon must be released and 2 trout over 15" can be kept.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent been using any shiners if thats what you mean but no I haven't run into or seen any Salmon as of yet.

SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Suggest you read the rules on fishing for stocked Salmon in rivers.

SeaDog1
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they didnt stock above the dam this year so im assuming since they didnt rules dont apply? rules say where they stock and they didnt so how does that work.... river sux this year in my own opinion... what did spill in the river anyway?
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what spilled but I have to say the fall fishing down here blows this year.

bdiggy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asianfisher wrote:
well they didnt stock above the dam this year so im assuming since they didnt rules dont apply? rules say where they stock and they didnt so how does that work.... river sux this year in my own opinion... what did spill in the river anyway?

Are you talking about the tanker truck that went off Rt 8 in Thomaston? It spilled above the dam (and is still being cleaned), but never hit the river. Salmon were stocked in the campville section again the 2nd week in November.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thats the 1 we were referring to.

fishfinder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, either there are no more trout left in the lower naugy like between Naugatuck through Beacon Falls or I just plain suck at fishing at this time of year. In all my time fishing which isnt really much even with fresh Ive never really fished the late season like this. Ive been throwing a lot of different lures out there along with works of 3 different kinds. Is it what Im using? Do they only like shiners at this time of year? I do very well in the spring and summer!

fishfinder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went today and bought a aerator, bait bucket, and shiners and hit a few spots and still not even a nibble! I did manage to fall in the river in one spot when I tripped on some shrubs weaseling my way around a curve and broke through 1" thick ice with my shin!! Ouch that freakin hurt!! Went up to just below my pockets which was good as I had my phone clipped there and my remote for my car. Praise the lord it was warm today as I still fished for another 2/5 hours before the sun went down and it started to get too chilly with soaked pants and socks! LOL What a dumb a$$!!!

fjs21187

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishfinder,
Although I definitely appreciate your enthusiasm for fishing, especially river fishing in the winter, it is important to know what is legal. SeaDog recommended that you read the regulations about fishing in the Naugatuck River during open season for salmon. From your last post I can tell you either didn't understand them or didn't read them, so I went ahead and did the work for you. There are more, but these are the ones that are important for your situation:

1) During the open season in the rivers, the legal method for taking Atlantic salmon is limited to angling using a single fly, or an artificial lure with a single free swinging hook and no additional weight can be added to the line above the fly or lure.

2) From October 1st through March 31st, fishing for other species in these designated Atlantic Salmon Broodstock Areas is restricted to the gear legal for Atlantic salmon.

I am not your mother or the DEEP so I am not going to tell you what to do, but knowing these regs you might want to reconsider posting about shiners in January Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, you are. Right! I never payed close enough attn as I was never fishing for salmon. I guess I need to rethink my methods, thanks fot pointing that out to a blibd man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: