CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: Trailer Lights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flipper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Trailer Lights Reply with quote

Looking for some help/info on this one. I have brand new lights, whole new wiring system, and a new 7 pin to 4 pin adapter for my truck and trailer. It works correctly during the day, but when it's dark out and my lights are on, the lights do some funny stuff. They are lit up, but when I hit the brakes, they both flash, and the same thing with a turn signal. It is definately wired correctly (can't really screw it up - color coded) and the lights are even grounded. I have always had this problem - even on my other truck and even with different lights. With a completely different trailer for that matter. I can't believe this is normal, but don't know why it's happening. The lights I currently have are blazer submersibles. Has anybody had this happen to them, or know why it's happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue with the lights on my trailer when I hooked its four pin connector to the seven pin connector on my father-in-law's 2002 GMC Yukon Denali. The trailer's lights worked perfectly during the day, but malfunctioned when I turned the car's lights on. I never figured it out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Re Flipper Reply with quote

Hey Flipper, I probably know the problem, I had the same problem, are the lights the exact same brand or type as the other lights? If not , try to mis match the colors and see if that will work. It probably will work by changing the color of the wires. if not return them and get the same brand of lights you had before.
Fisherman100

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: My trailer lights Reply with quote

My wiring in my trailer for my lights is too shot to connect to the truck. will i have to rewire the lights and get new ones or does anyone know how to get a extender for the truck to the lights because we have to clamp the lights we have currently to the back of the boat and the wire to the new lights wont fit to the connection so i have to force it into the socket.
Anyone know where i can get an or new lights?
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: