CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: You hear this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fisherman100

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: You hear this? Reply with quote

Did yalol hear about the lobster trap that washed up on the beach somewhere, i forgot, but it was adrift since 1991 in the perfect storm? it was one of the dozen that was lost by a lobster fisherman from new foundland i think, and he survived the storm in his small boat when the storm began... My question is How the hell did he survive the storm in his what 54 fr lobster boat when a 72 ft Sword fishing boat the Andrea Gail did not?!?!?!?!? How is that possible? So i guess that the little guy showed the big guys up.

A moment of silence for the Andrea Gail crew. Let them rest in peace......
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
FishnCT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue wave? I guess we'll never know.
Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Perfect Storm Reply with quote

What actually washed ashore was the tag from the lobster pot,not the pot itself.
Still impressive though,tag must've been lodged in the bottom then broke free and took a ride in the gulf stream. Big difference in terms of riding through the storm however, Andrea Gail=1200mi.offshore Shocked
Lobster Boat=20mi. offshore
Which would you rather be on????My thoughts exactly! Farewell sailors Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: