CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Need good pike spots for ice fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Need good pike spots for ice fishing Reply with quote

need good pike spots for hardwater fishing soon please Cool
hila2006

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What hard water? Won't be much of a season this year.
Dave N.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Newbie, we see that you are getting into the hardwater game and you are itchin to play on the ice but my advice to you would be to SLOW DOWN AND READ, PAGE BY PAGE, the CT Fishing Guide. Look at each lake and pond, one by one, and you will see the prevalent species in each pond. Once you have your target(s) in mind then we can talk tactics. Cool Im the meantime, do as much reading, and web surfing for different species as you can cause we still have a good week or so till we get some safe ice. Smile Youtube has got some great info as well. Till next post.........
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know do that every day i really want bass, pike, and catfish those are the species i want to target.
Dave N.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So newbie are you asking for actual GPS coordinates in which to catch pike or are you referring to a particular body of water??? Smile You asked for "good spots to catch pike"!!! You can try 41 28.465n x 072 71.365w Wink That should put you somewhere in long island sound!!! Very Happy Just messin with ya, you can always try the south bay in Bantam Lake or up to Quabbin Res. Don't sleep on any of the CT river coves either. Just try and save a fish or two for me Smile
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get out there and fish and explore, you will find spots... go to the lakes that have em' and put in a bunch of time... Cool
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a frozen puddle i see out in my backyard right now. You should come down and give it a try.... Razz
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ! Tough Room!

Hey newbie.
Big shiners, or suckers, ...or any shiner for that matter. fis drop offs, or known weed edges. hit any of the pike lakes open to ice fishing. time in... fish out.

Tip: put something yellow with your shiner(colorado blade?). Dont know why, but Pike either love or hate yellow. so they bite it, or eat it... either way... trips the flag.

Advice: WAIT til the ice is good ! those clowns on 2 inches of slush... death wishes.
Pike are like women... Love em, chase em all over creation... they aint worth dyin for one tho.
rinkjustin96

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit up winchester, but if you REALLY want massive pike and a place where they are much more easy to catch you gotta head up north. I have been fishing ct for 15 years heavy and only a few small pike to speak of. In CT you have to put in your time, learn, and scout. But in VT i can put you on 8 places off the top of my head that i caught pike my first shot there, and everytime since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: