CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Private Access Pond 01/31
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Private Access Pond 01/31 Reply with quote

A buddy checked into getting access to a pond from a private landowner and we fished it from 11:00 am to 3:30 pm. The pond is at an altitude of 1,300 feet and we found six to seven inches of ice everywhere. Unfortunately, the pond has also been drawn down by two feet for the Winter, so we found only 2-1/2 to 4-1/2 feet of water under most of the ice. The deepest part of the pond is by the spillway dam and it's a small area that's only eight feet deep. I set only one trap after we got on the ice. When I was 1/4 mile away from it, I spotted the flag:

I ran over to it like Forrest Gump (Jenny told me to run, so I did Laughing ). When I peered in the hole, the spool was still spinning quickly:

Unfortunately, although I had trebles in the dorsal and tail of the large shiner, the fish must have had it by the head and I missed the hookset. Mad I did manage to jig up two yellow perch, but they would have been only 13 inches long when placed end to end:

Well, at least I managed to catch something. My buddy caught the skunk. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by PECo on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

Yeap! Caught the Skunk -> but it was such a beautiful day I could care less! Smile
Just great to be out with super company -> Thanks for drilling all the holes! and wide apart Rolling Eyes

SeaDog1
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, Stephen, drilling a few dozen holes was good for me. Too bad the battery for your auger died. . . . Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: