CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Winchester
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishingmaniac12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Winchester Reply with quote

Headed out to winchester on sunday at 7am with two of my buddies. Hoepfully going to catch a big pike. Anyone else want to join us feel free. the more tip ups the better chance of catching a monster!!
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use pike resistant leaders and dead bait on the bottom. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Winchester Reply with quote

Maniac, I'll see you up there for a little pre-Super Bowl fishin'. Will you be near the boat ramp?
roofman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: ice at winchester Reply with quote

How's the ice?Is it safe?I was there 3 weeks ago 6-7"but with the warm temps i think it got thinner.Anyone fished it lately?
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows tyler and anybody wanna join me saturday or winchester saturday super bowl is to big of a party to even miss an hour of Wink
x182dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been there before and I'm thinking of going up on sunday before the superbowl. Anything I should know about the place? Any inlets or outlets I should know about, known weaker areas etc... Not looking for exact spots to fish but just general areas to maybe stay away from on that lake. I like to keep it safe!
fishingmaniac12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We want to head for the stumpfield at the other end of the lake br we may stay closer to the boat ramp. Not sire of we wanna make the hike all the way across the lake.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had very little luck in front of the boat launch ramp and dam the last time that I was there. I promised myself that the next time I go, I'll head into one of the two big coves on the left (i.e., west) side of the lake. Last Summer, I caught a 35 inch northern pike with a big buzzbait in the back of the first cove.

A CAES survey map with some bathymetric data shows that the deepest spot is near the dam. When I was there, I measured the depth in that area at 18 feet. Here's a link to the map:

http://www.ct.gov/caes/lib/caes/invasive_aquatic_plant_program/pdfmaps/winchester_lake.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: