CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Have you noticed!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Have you noticed! Reply with quote

Hi,

Have you noticed that there are very very few ice reports being posted Exclamation

Well that's because there are only a very few Ct. waters that have any ice (any with decent ice that is) -> and no one wants to say where!

Can't blame them Exclamation -> or every fanatic hard water fisherman in the state will be there!

Just get the boats and long rods dusted off guys - Ice season is pretty much KAPUT Exclamation

SeaDog1
hila2006

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit it, but I'm pleasantly surprised with our first Ct winter. I know it won't be like this every year, but it varies year to year. Where we moved from is just winter til it thaws, no matter how mild. They're still ice fishing on our old lake right, with plenty of ice left for a while. We miss the lake greatly, but not the winters. Getting ready now to gear up the bassboat.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Last year was horendous -> Bitter cold for days on end -> Ice was 16 to 24 inches + and then we got a snow storm that dumped 2 ft. of snow on top of that.
Struggling thru 2 ft. of snow -> having to dig down thru that, then drill thru 16-24 -> That wasn't Fun -> That was a lot of WORK Exclamation Shocked

Never know what your going to get year to year!

SeaDog1
hila2006

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya SD, we had 6' of snow in our backyard for most of the winter. The snow drifts were up to the railing on our back deck. We only went out on our lake twice, couldn't get to it because of all the snow. The average temperature here in Wolcott is 8-10 degrees warmer than North Asburnham Mass, so we're not complaining there. Bring on spring!!!
SolocamSteve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will definately change spring fishing, with ice out happening much sooner, if at all (for some lakes that never really had real ice to start). Compared to last year where we dealt with long lasting ice and a few fish kills, this year seems to be the opposite, might lead to a vibrant spawn and summer fishing season.

We would deserve it, for how much of a bust this ice season was.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for a good spring and summer after this winter. Haven't had one of my usual productive spring and summer freshwater seasons since 2009. 2010 was hot and dry while 2011 was cold, rainy, and windy.
hila2006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're with ya on the good spring and summer. I think we could all use some decent weather this year.
Elixir

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the wind was brutal last summer. eye watering casting is fun...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: