CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: Yuck!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Yuck! Reply with quote

Hi,

Yuck ! -> The next few days this week, per the NOAA Wx report, says for higher day time temps and Rain. Crying or Very sad

What waters may have had decent ice remaing -> is definitely not going to survive this 4-5 day stretch of Wx.

Went to my academy, Massachusetts Maritime, on Cape Cod Sunday to audition Monday morning for 1 of 5 professional mariner's movie speaking rolls of my alumnis Capt. Richard Phillips capture by Somali pirates in 2009 on the M/V Maersk Alabama. (Tom Hanks will be playing the part of Capt. Phillips).
Since I'm retired -> Thought this might be a fun thing to do! Very Happy

Took the lazy long way home Monday via Rt. 20 west from Worcester, Ma. to Rt. 8 south, Becket, Ma.

ICE Question Not one Lake - Pond - Puddle - Pudlet -> I passed on Rt. 20 had any ice what so ever! -> All Open Water!

Only ice I saw was coming down Rt.8 from 20 in Otis, Ma. and the north end of Colebrook Res. -> What condition the ice was in I have no idea -> looked for drilled ice holes but saw none if that tells you anything. Shocked
Got back to Winsted and home at 5:30 PM -> Too tired to check any other waters here in the NW corner. -> Maybe tomorow.

SeaDog1
hila2006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SD, being from Mass, we used to head to that part of the state for early open water. We used to be able to launch down by rt 20Worcest,Auburn,Sturbridge) almost a month earlier than on our home lake. It was cool to be able to boat fish in one part of the state and still ice fish at home. It's part of living in New England I guess.
hila2006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps: How'd the audition go? Do we have a star in our midst?
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hila2006 wrote:
ps: How'd the audition go? Do we have a star in our midst?

Hi,

Heck if I know! Won't know for a while -> Gave it my best Salty Old SeaDog impression! -> But that wasn't hard -> Just acted my normal self! Very Happy

My old ship's Chief Engineer (Todd Hibert) auditioned for the enginneer's role.
Chief engineers are NEVER HAPPY or SATISFIED unless they're gripping, grumbling, and making nasty faces. Razz
Best engineer I ever sailed with Exclamation Thumbs Up
We then went for lunch and talked about our old sea stories and laughed!
Thing is, -> They're all TRUE Wink

All in all -> The casting company got a real eye openner of who and what Real Merchant Mariners are! Smile

As far as my observations on ice on the way home -> All I can say is "Bye-Bye"!

SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elixir

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best of luck with the audition SeaDog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: