CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Saturday flukin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Saturday flukin Reply with quote

Quint and I will be out saturday flukin.Not sure were yet but i have something special for these bastages.
I have a dozen 6-7 inch live eels.I am wondering what kind of action they are going to recieve.We are still heading out with the standard baits but i think these eels may be a fresh touch as long as the snappers and blowfish stay away from them.
Anyone used eels before for fluke.I have caught a 4lb`r in the past on a live eel so i no they are part of a flukes well balanced diet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught a fluke on an eel 3wks ago by accident when striper fishing off soundview ,and have caught fluke on diamond jigs at 6 mi. while blue fishing.There were so many blue fish to contend with yesterday while fluking , my rigs were torn to shreds.I did catch 3 fluke all shorts on the high hook of my 2 hook rig on Gulp 3" shrimp, good luck on Sat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the eels were a big hit.Quint and I limited out in just over a hour.We actually used 3 way striped bass spinner rigs with the small eels as a trailer.
None of the fish were of massive size largest being 21 inches and 3 lbs.I will post some pics this week after i get them developed and scanned.
After the fluke massacre was complated we used bucktails tipped with squid to limit out on porgies up to 17 inches and and a few keeper sea bass.
We also caught countless small bluefish and 1 keeper bass 36 inches that decided to hit quint`s porgy on the way up.

That is a mixed bag we will take everytime.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was definately a ripper of a day. The fishing in the sound is about as good as it gets right now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats guys on a great day out in the sound.
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a great day on the water to me. I"m surprised about the eels producing fluke but whatever works for ya! I need to get out soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: