CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws
Viewing Topic: Connecticut Protected Open Space Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Connecticut Protected Open Space Maps Reply with quote

Have you ever wondered whether a shore location from which you'd like to fish is on land that's open to the public? Here's a link to the Connecticut Environmental Conditions Online Map Catalog, which includes maps that show the protected open spaces in Connecticut:

http://cteco.uconn.edu/map_catalog.asp

Choose a town and select the Protected Open Space Mapping.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

REALLY GOOD FIND Exclamation on the Ct. ECO site!

I saved that to favorites!

This should help all of us to determine what is public land and what is private land.

Wish the DEEP would inform and print these sites in the "Anglers Guide" so it would make it easier for we fishermen to keep in compliance with the law!

Again, Good Fine Exclamation Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Phil,

I noticed that the ECO does not include MDC owned property -> some of which is open to the public and some not.

Here's the MDC site -> www.themdc.com

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff for sure. Thanks!

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I haven't wondered. Laughing

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this very limited or am I just not using it right....

I was looking for danbury and couldnt find "Protected Open Space Mapping."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably using it right, PHS. I couldn't see the map, either. Maybe there's no protected open space in Danbury. Rolling Eyes Seriously. though, the resource guide for the mapping project states, in pertinent part:
Quote:
As of July 30, 2010, Protected open space information is included for the following towns: Andover, Ansonia, Ashford, Avon, Beacon Falls, Berlin, Bethany, Bethel, Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Bolton, Brookfield, Brooklyn, Canterbury, Canton, Chaplin, Cheshire, Colchester, Colebrook, Columbia, Cornwall, Coventry, Cromwell, Danbury, Derby, East Granby, East Haddam, East Hampton, East Hartford, East Windsor, Eastford, Ellington, Enfield, Farmington, Glastonbury, Granby, Griswold, Haddam, Hartford, Hebron, Kent, Killingworth, Lebanon, Lisbon, Litchfield, Manchester, Mansfield, Marlborough, Meriden, Middlebury, Middlefield, Middletown, Monroe, Morris, New Britain, New Canaan, New Hartford, Newington, Newtown, Norfolk, North, Shelton, Stonington, Oxford, Plainfield, Plainville, Pomfret, Portland, Prospect, Putnam, Redding, Rocky Hill, Roxbury, Salem, Salisbury, Scotland, Seymour, Sharon, Sherman, Simsbury, Somers, South Windsor, Southbury, Southington, Sprague, Sterling, Suffield, Thomaston, Tolland, Torrington, Union, Vernon, Warren, Washington, Waterbury, Watertown, West Hartford, Westbrook, Weston, Wethersfield, Willington, Wilton, Windsor, Windsor Locks, Woodbridge, Woodbury, and Woodstock. Additional towns are added to this list as they are completed.

You should send an email to the DEEP asking why there isn't a link to the Danbury map.

Last edited by PECo on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
fishfinder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

I knoiw right around the corner from my house is a sweet place that Im sure is loaded with bass and the such and its a no fishing pond!!! Total BS if you ask me!!! That just pisses me off!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: