CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New guy from Southington
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeerSniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: New guy from Southington Reply with quote

Hi my name is Matt I'v been fishing since I can remember was never really good at it. Never really went fishing for anything inparticular just whatever was biting. I'd much rather be fishing the salt water than fresh water it's tough without a boat though. I'v got 2 8 year olds that fish with me and a 2 1/2 year old that will be fishing with me this year.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like catching bluefish its not hard at all to fish and catch from shore! Bluefish put up a real nice fight to!!!!!! I like to fish for anything but stripers and and bluefish are my favs and blues are very easy to catch!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcom Matt.

I too love fishing for bluefish! They give you a fight of a lifetime for their size. They are so aggressive that they will go after anything they see, hear, and smell, even if it's a beer can skipping across the surface!

I know of a few places that I'm familiar with for surf fishing and am always looking for a surf fishing partner.
hila2006

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey welcome Matt, there's always something biting somewhere. Take Micheal's advice, and hook up with him or get some info from him, he hit's pretty damn regularly. I might even pm him soon for some blues from shore.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hila2006 wrote:
Hey welcome Matt, there's always something biting somewhere. Take Micheal's advice, and hook up with him or get some info from him, he hit's pretty damn regularly. I might even pm him soon for some blues from shore.

Get those waders on this coming June and we'll be hitting the taylors with Kastmasters, Krocs, soft plastics, and shallow plugs like CRAZY at Penfield Reef!!!! Last year I was hitting taylor after taylor with a few fluke in the mix all with a 10cm Rapala Flat Rap!

When the smaller blues are around, I like using my schoolie setup. 6' 6" medium action freshwater rod, spinning reel that holds enough 8 or 10 lb line, strong 8 or 10 pound mono, and heavy duty mono leader. Many smaller blues are like stripers when it comes to wire leaders. Other than tins, smaller plugs ranging from 3 to 4 1/2 inches are killers!
DeerSniper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I love fishin for blues don't like eating them much maybe the snapper blues but even then they make better fluke bait. I should be making my first fishin trip of the year next week not sure where yet but the kids are off of school so I was gonna pick up some sand worms and take them for some winter flounder or whatever happens to be biting.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeerSniper wrote:
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I love fishin for blues don't like eating them much maybe the snapper blues but even then they make better fluke bait.

That fishy, oily flavor from a 2 to 5 pound bluefish always hits the spot!!! I love that flavor!

A nickname many people called me on the site I cam from was Bluefish Buster. My original signature at the end of my bluefish reports went like this:

Bluefish are my favorite fish to go for and I love my blues!

Bluefish Buster loves to bust those blues!

I'm CRAZY for blues!

I want my blues!

I'm desperate for blues!

Please Please Please!

Somebody please!

When I see that blitz, I can't resist to go running for it and get hyped up and excited!

I've also always said that a 500 pound bluefish can clean the ocean and eat much more than a shark its size. But I know, no such thing as a 500 pound bluefish!
DeerSniper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If blue fish grew to 500 lbs there would deffinatly be nothing left in the ocean not even a blue whale would be safe. I'v never caught a blue fin tuna but a good friend of mine has caught a few 600+ pounders he says pound for pound they've got nothing on a blue fish. I get tired reeling in 8 or 9 pounders some times I could only imagine if they got to be even 100+ lbs.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeerSniper wrote:
If blue fish grew to 500 lbs there would deffinatly be nothing left in the ocean not even a blue whale would be safe. I'v never caught a blue fin tuna but a good friend of mine has caught a few 600+ pounders he says pound for pound they've got nothing on a blue fish. I get tired reeling in 8 or 9 pounders some times I could only imagine if they got to be even 100+ lbs.

Oily fish, such as tuna, mackerel, and bluefish, are the fastest swimming and most aggressive fish out there!

As you said, pound for pound, reeling in a 5 pound bluefish on a schoolie setup is like battling a keeper striper. Blues never give up and can take run after run. Their aggression to go with their teeth can take a person's finger right off!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Your all wrong! Very Happy

If you have never hooked into a Wahoo ....Then you have never experienced the thrill of a life time !

They got the name of that fish right.....WAHOO Exclamation Very Happy

Like hooking into a speed demon with lightning shooting out its A$$ !
Oh! And it does have teeth....big ones! Shocked

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:
Hi,

Your all wrong! Very Happy

If you have never hooked into a Wahoo ....Then you have never experienced the thrill of a life time !

They got the name of that fish right.....WAHOO Exclamation Very Happy

Like hooking into a speed demon with lightning shooting out its A$$ !
Oh! And it does have teeth....big ones! Shocked

SeaDog1 Mr. Green

I'd love to get a feel of a fish very similar to a 600+hp Corvette ZR1
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

That would be a WAHOO !

They will smoke .... and I do mean smoke Shocked .. the line off a reel 1 - 2 - 3 unbeliveble long runs into the fight!

Hook into one ...And you'll never ever forget the experience !
I know Exclamation I had exhaustion shakes after I hooked and landed my 1st one -> And it was a little guy around 25 lbs. Exclamation Very Happy

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: