CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Offshore Reports
Viewing Topic: Sunday Tails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Sunday Tails Reply with quote

Plopplop and myself just got back from a trip to the tails it wasn't a trip for the books but we did alright, 3 Albies 40lb+,2 small yellows 40-50lbs and 2 Mahi in the 10#range. We ran through a little cooler pocket of water on the troll and had a large thresher come up in the spread and smash the hell out of everything, after hitting every lure in the spread he managed to hang himself and a short battle ensued before breaking him off. The Thresher breeched twice and we estimated him between 300 and 400 lbs. All the fish were caught on green machines or purple and black jetheads. Lines hit the water at 4:30am in at 2pm back to the dock at 6pm. I'm delerious time for some sleep.

Tight Lines

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Sunday Tails Reply with quote

Quint's Revenge wrote:
We ran through a little cooler pocket of water on the troll and had a large thresher come up in the spread and smash the hell out of everything, after hitting every lure in the spread he managed to hang himself and a short battle ensued before breaking him off.
Tight Lines

That's somthing you don't hear about every day. Sleep and offshore fishing don't mix, I catch up on that at work Very Happy .
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing that fish was disappointing...That is 300 or 400 lbs of good eats swimming around. We haven't landed a big one in a couple of years which adds to the disappointment a little. We have caught a bunch of smaller ones all released.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleep and offshore fishing are like oil and water they just don't go together. I wish i could snooze through the day but with the job i have, it is not an option. You guys see any whales where you were we didn't see any
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Offshore Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: