CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Opening weekend, et al.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingCranky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Opening weekend, et al. Reply with quote

Talk to me about my train of thought here. Let me sit on the CTFT couch and spill..

Wharton Brook, 250 anglers packed around that tiny pond. Salmon River, not a single place to park, once you find a spot you can't find a spot to fish within 3 miles. Random bridge in your town? Yeah, 5 people there too.

I don't get it. Why do people enjoy crossing lines with a bunch of losers who only fish on this weekend as it is? Drunk by 6:30AM, their kids are just as unruly. Everyone is throwing powerbait or mealworms or roostertails. What makes this fun? Are you going to throw the "tradition" card at me?

It's a worthless fish to catch. Zero skill involved hooking into a hand-fed farm trout let loose into the wild for the first time. How hard is it to throw your powerbait into that pool and wait for one of the 376,000 trout the DEP put into our waters for you to hit it?

To catch a wild trout takes skill. To catch a government trout? We all know the answer to that.

While you're busy docking with the losers, the Dunkin Donuts cups littered about, the empty boxes of Marlboros and Newports strewn across the river, the two morons in their chest high waders and fly-fishing outfits, and the stink of nips, Budweisers, and body odor, I'll be on my boat, sitting on the water of a quiet and serene lake, searching for the only fish worth fishing for in Connecticut, a bass of any species. Not put into the lake for me to catch, but one who has had to survive since birth a violent life of kill or be killed. A fish not as easily fooled as one who will swim up to you and eat corn from your hand.

Cabelas extending hours? Our inland fishing license is now $28? You need to buy the computer hooked up to CTs database to give me my license now? I can't go to Uncle B's like I always did? What a crock of capitalistic bull. Seriously, who the hell thinks opening day is fun?
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Opening weekend, et al. Reply with quote

KingCranky wrote:
Talk to me about my train of thought here. Let me sit on the CTFT couch and spill..

Wharton Brook, 250 anglers packed around that tiny pond. Salmon River, not a single place to park, once you find a spot you can't find a spot to fish within 3 miles. Random bridge in your town? Yeah, 5 people there too.

I don't get it. Why do people enjoy crossing lines with a bunch of losers who only fish on this weekend as it is? Drunk by 6:30AM, their kids are just as unruly. Everyone is throwing powerbait or mealworms or roostertails. What makes this fun? Are you going to throw the "tradition" card at me?

It's a worthless fish to catch. Zero skill involved hooking into a hand-fed farm trout let loose into the wild for the first time. How hard is it to throw your powerbait into that pool and wait for one of the 376,000 trout the DEP put into our waters for you to hit it?

To catch a wild trout takes skill. To catch a government trout? We all know the answer to that.

While you're busy docking with the losers, the Dunkin Donuts cups littered about, the empty boxes of Marlboros and Newports strewn across the river, the two morons in their chest high waders and fly-fishing outfits, and the stink of nips, Budweisers, and body odor, I'll be on my boat, sitting on the water of a quiet and serene lake, searching for the only fish worth fishing for in Connecticut, a bass of any species. Not put into the lake for me to catch, but one who has had to survive since birth a violent life of kill or be killed. A fish not as easily fooled as one who will swim up to you and eat corn from your hand.

Cabelas extending hours? Our inland fishing license is now $28? You need to buy the computer hooked up to CTs database to give me my license now? I can't go to Uncle B's like I always did? What a crock of capitalistic bull. Seriously, who the hell thinks opening day is fun?

You forgot to add the thousands of blue trout worms containers that we will see thrown wherever for weeks. I agree with you 100%. Someone once said to me, "opening day, every @$$hole and their brother is out".
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate going anywhere near trout waters on opening day. Too many slobs out "fishing"...too many of them use opening day as an excuse to get drunk before 8am. I don't need to expose my kids to that. I waited last year and took my kids out after opening day. We fished for a short time and then found a stringer of about 10 dead trout that some drunk probably left behind because he couldn't find where he put it after dark and a 30 pack. I don't get the hype either. Let them have their day and I'll wait and fish as many of the other 364 days, as I can.
hoppy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres an idea........go bass fishing opening day!!!!!
Elixir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening day is a tradition to my family. We dont aim for Trout or go to specificly Trout areas. We just fish together for the fact of its Opening Day! I totally agree, the slobs and mobs ruin it for everyone else and we end up picking up after them for the rest of the season. To not even get all the trash picked up and there being more on the way. The "Mooks" of fishing screwing it up...
hoppy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont even really fish for trout. opening day is just an excuse for me to go to my favorite lake since its the first day it opens. Opening day for some is tradition.......the tradition for me is slaying bass. good luck everyone.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go for the same reason as hoppy. My choice of bass lakes has been limited, so Saturday is a train wreck of a celebration. It really is disturbing though, I'll give you that.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: