CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Opening day Higganum Res. and ponsett brook 4/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icefishingnewbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Opening day Higganum Res. and ponsett brook 4/21 Reply with quote

Hey guys just got back from an all day fishing adventure to say the least. Laughing

Well first we started at ponsett brook and i caught 2 fallfish but my cousin my dad and my brother all got a trout bigg to about 1lb each. Then we went to a different spot of ponsett and nailed fish we got 11 suckerfish, 7 rock bass, 1trout by my dad and 3 bluegill all on trout worms.
Then after a trip to fishin factory 3 in middletown picking up 2 dozens of shiners we headed toward the resivoir where everbody seemed to be getting their limits. So while fishing shiners we started nailing crappie and tons to we were through the shiners in 15 minutes with 29 crappie for dinner but no trout but man the crappie r going to be tasty tonight
so all in all no trout for me but i caught 8 rock bass 13 crappie 4 suckers 1 bluegill and it was still fun going crappie fishing again tommorow Very Happy
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using a lure for crappie. It can be quicker than using bait and definitely a lot cheaper. A two inch curlytail grub jig or 2-1/2 Gulp! Minnow on a 1/16 ounce round jighead should get you all of the crappie you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: