CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Humor Section
Viewing Topic: Bad things happen in 3's
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Bad things happen in 3's Reply with quote

Was gonna fish Lilly!!!! Bad things happen tn 3'! Left to go fishing at 9am! Stopped to get some breakfast and check the load! Dah!!!! The fishing rods. Drove all the way home got'em!!! All set you would think. Get to the lake and what????? No Trolling motor mount!!!! Back home and said screw it! I'll just fish Indian Wells..... Arrive and launch! Fished all day! Notta Nuttin Nothing! Not even a splash! But AHha! Pink House Cove! Always a producer. Fire up the Merc! Head to the cove! Drive in! DAHHHH!!! Forgot to pull the trolling motor up! Pink House Cove is now the proud owner of a new $300 Trolling Motor!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, that really sucks, sorry for your loss!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated but not to worry! Hit Cabella's tonight and got another!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the other 1 fairly new?

Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About two years

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! almost would've been better to stay home Laughing Almost like backing the boat into the lake without the drain plug, been there done that.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done that to! LOL That was a trip seeing water coming through the drain of the floor in the Tracker.

I guess every boater has a first for everything. Unfortunately I haven't experienced a lot of them yet. Experience is the best teacher.

The very first day we had the Tracker, driving from the dealer we launched in Zoar at the state ramp. Went a few miles up stream breaking in the motor. After a couple hours we decided to call it a day and open it up a little.

I thought it was kinda odd there was a barbecue grill floating in the middle of the river but we soon found out why as I picked myself up off the front deck, looked over the side and saw mud!

Good lesson for the first day out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please explain that last statement. I guess OI need clarity for a good laugh.

Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a spot in Lake Zoar! 150 yard wide. Wide open water. On a bend in the river. There's a sand bar in the middle. Party spot for boaters. They set up volleyball nets and grills to barbecue on. To the left and right it's 30' deep. In the center it's 2' deep. If you don't know the river, like our first time out you'll plow right into it. We hit it at about 30mph. I was in the passenger seat. Came to a dead stop in about 20'.

Since then we've towed a few boats off the bar.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, ok that explains the grill, I thought you picked up a grill off the bottom with your prop or something.

hila2006

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude that's crazy, we were at a river impoundment in NH called Powder Mill Pond. In the middle of this long stretch is a sand bar or gravel bar, back then we only had a 14' jon boat with a long shaft 15 hp Johnson, that damn motor flew up in the air like 3 times before I yanked it out of the water and shut it down. Scared the crap out of me for sure. If you don't know the water, go slow and have someone help keep an eye out.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hila2006 wrote:
Dude that's crazy, we were at a river impoundment in NH called Powder Mill Pond. In the middle of this long stretch is a sand bar or gravel bar, back then we only had a 14' jon boat with a long shaft 15 hp Johnson, that damn motor flew up in the air like 3 times before I yanked it out of the water and shut it down. Scared the crap out of me for sure. If you don't know the water, go slow and have someone help keep an eye out.

It definitely wakes you up! Even the trolling motor popping off scared the crap outa me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Humor Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: