CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Saturday
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Bantam Saturday Reply with quote

SkeeterRon and I hit Bantam on Saturday, got there around 5:30 am for some Bantam topwater fishing. Clear skies with 68° water temps and glass smooth water, man it was beautiful! Went directly to the North Cove area and started fishing the pads with Spro frogs. From 5:30 until 6 we got numerous strikes and fish-ons until they either broke off or came undone due to weak hooksets (right Ron Very Happy ). Our strike to hook-up ratio on the frog was not that good today but man the strikes were fun to watch. Then at 6:00 4 water ski boats came out to play in the cove! Mad Damn don't these people sleep anymore. With them zipping back and forth and churning up the water into a froth, that just about killed the action there. Went to other areas and tried our luck but the pleasure boaters just kept coming and coming. Called it a day at about 1:00 with Ron getting 0 fish and me getting a trio of 1 pike, 1 perch, and 1 bass. A crappy day at Bantam for sure as Ron donated one of his $8.00 Spro frog to a very hungry pike! Very Happy
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodstuff guys- you'll start to pick out key depths/structure features/pad types if you get hard into froggin and leanr the spots where you can get hit and certain times of the day- dont be afraid to walk that frog fast in 6fow or so back there outside the pad edge early in the morning.

Ive gotten to the point where I can call a frog fish withing 3-5casts on spots I believe in(u can find them anywhere in any padded area)
Keith T

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim sorry i stuck all the Frog Bass... when i was out with Mark....Call me & we can hit them sometime....
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Jim and Ron! With the front moving in you guys atleast stuck it out for a few fish! I know the bite had to be tough up there.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-1 Perch..

Hooking the poor fish in his side with your buzz bait is not catching..

And as for the From 5:30 until 6 we got numerous strikes and fish-ons until they either broke off or came undone due to weak hooksets (right Ron ). I didn't want to hurt the fish..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith T wrote:
Jim sorry i stuck all the Frog Bass... when i was out with Mark....Call me & we can hit them sometime....

It's alright Keith, I forgive you THIS time! Very Happy
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterRon wrote:
-1 Perch..

Hooking the poor fish in his side with your buzz bait is not catching..

And as for the From 5:30 until 6 we got numerous strikes and fish-ons until they either broke off or came undone due to weak hooksets (right Ron ). I didn't want to hurt the fish..

What am I going to do with you!@$! First of all it was a spinnerbait and not a buzzbait and second of all if you don't start putting some muscles behind those womanly hooksets of yours you'll never learn to catch bass with a frog! Very Happy
toptech

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work guys...we all have those days where they just wont hook or stay hooked. As far as the purch...any fish that ends up in the boat is a confermed catch...no matter where he is hooked... Laughing Atleast in my book...nice work on the triple.
snakebite

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any day fishing is a better day than being at work Very Happy , hope the day of the tournement turns out better for you and every body else Laughing .

snakebite
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: