CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: WET Trail - Gardiner 8/8/07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T_Shan BAWS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: WET Trail - Gardiner 8/8/07 Reply with quote

Fished the WET (Wed. Evening Tourney) trail on Gardiner last night from 5-930pm with fellow BAWSMan Todd. There was a good turnout for this tournament - 20 boats. Had only been there once before and it was in the spring about 3.5 years ago. We started off a point slinging plastics in 6-10 feet water. We picked up one keeper LM one barely keeper SM, a few shorts and 4 big pickerel (if those pickerel were bass weight, we'd be sitting pretty). We went for change of scenery and went to the island. I picked up a nice 2.5 lb smallie on a drop shot and then Todd went to town with a spinnerbait, getting our best fish of the night (4lb LM, which should have been AT LEAST 5lbs, but it was very thin and emaciated) and our 5th fish on back to casts. About 730ish we went to the back corner and got some decent fish on frogs and were able to cull out our one rat smallie. I had a nice smash on a chug bug but the fish mad a big turn at the boat and got the bait loose. I thought that was going to come back to bite us. Anyway, we ended up taking 1st place with 10.97 lbs. Next closest was about one pound less. Oh yeah, that thin, frail LM took lunker as well, so that was clutch.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win!
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, congrats! Very Happy
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job guys and congrats on the win Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: