CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: Transducer install in Kayak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derek

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Transducer install in Kayak Reply with quote

So I ordered a small Humminbird PiranhaMax 170 fish finder for my kayak. I am wondering how you fellow kayak fisherman have installed the transducer?

Do you prefer the DIY method of the kit?

I've seen some recommendations for not installing it (to gauge water temperature) as well and using an attachable arm mount that places the transducer directly in the water.

Any comments on this would be great, thanks!
PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the transducer to be mounted inside the hull, especially in a kayak. The hull of a kayak takes a beating and an externally mounted transducer would probably get damaged. Plus, having a permanently mounted internal transducer is easier and more convenient than messing with a transducer arm. My Humminbird 385ci Combo Kayak came with an in hull mounting kit that made it really easy to do. However, it would be really easy and cheaper to rig your own in hull mount. There's a lot of information about how to do this online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: