CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: shimano citca line???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murphy617

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: shimano citca line??? Reply with quote

hey everyone, great fourum lots of helpful topics!!! thought i could get some decent feedback on this....just got a st. croix triumph baitcast rod with a shimano citca reel and was wondering if 12 lb flouro would be a good choice for line? this is my first set up like this...always been a spin fishing guy. i don't want to be "scared" away from all the birds nests i'm about to encounter!!! will a heavier line be better in this case? say 14 to 17 lb be a better choice?
slim2043

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start w something like that. Make sure it's cheap. You ARE going to overrun. I guarantee it. There's some tips here and other places online. If you have questions I learned bait casting last year and I love it. I didn't at first believe me I wanted to toss my setup in the lake a few times but totally love it now. It's expanded my arsenal and changed my fishing style. I'd be happy to help ya out

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really, really depends on what you will be using it for, what your pole is rated for and to a lesser degree (or not) what the line retrieve on your reel is. Its truly dizzying all of different set ups you could have for different situations. For an all around setup though, you should be fine with what you've stated.

Take your time learning the baitcaster. Once you've mastered it, it becomes a kick ass tool in the arsenal.
murphy617

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tips guys!

slim, where are you in plainville? i work on northwest drive by the airport, and i fish paderski park after work before my softball games at tunxis mead.
slim2043

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 5 minutes from all that. Let me know when you want to fish

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll probably be there tuesday around 3:45 to fish for about an hour before my game. that is if it's not canceled due to rain?
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start with a thicker line like 20#. It is easier to control on a baitcaster until you get the hang of it. Also only use heavy lures at first and practice in your yard before going to the water.

Last edited by chuckc on Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
BassRican

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of fish can you find at Paderewski Park? Looking for child friendly & close to home spots for my kids. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: