CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Crappies!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Crappies! Reply with quote

Hi,

Stopped by Highland Lake this afternoon (3-6 PM) and the pre-spawn Crappies have moved into the shallows.

Bite was aggresive and I caught 3 dozen ..... 2 1/2 ft. under a slip bobber with a silver/white #6 hook ice fishing jig baited with a yellow/orange Power Bait grub.
All the fish where in the 12-14 inch range ..... fat and caught 5-10 ft. off the shore.

Fish fry for tomorrow night ! Thumbs Up

SeaDog1
therieldeal

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Crappies! Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:
Hi,

Stopped by Highland Lake this afternoon (3-6 PM) and the pre-spawn Crappies have moved into the shallows.

Bite was aggresive and I caught 3 dozen ..... 2 1/2 ft. under a slip bobber with a silver/white #6 hook ice fishing jig baited with a yellow/orange Power Bait grub.
All the fish where in the 12-14 inch range ..... fat and caught 5-10 ft. off the shore.

Fish fry for tomorrow night ! Thumbs Up

SeaDog1

I’ve encountered the same thing at local ponds here in the northeast corner. I’ve been using a bobber and a yellow or pink Trout Magnet jig, 18-24” below a bobber. Usually they slam it within seconds of it hitting the water!

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
SAP284

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Highland but I am reluctant to take my boat there anymore. The water skiing truly ruins my fishing experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: