CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Quonnipaug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Quonnipaug Reply with quote

Is this place still good fishing like it used to be? Was bored and decided to look back at posts all the way from the beginning and it seems a lot of reports came from this place in Guilford. Seems like A LOT of really good sized bass too. Is it still as good as it looked from 4-5 years ago?
KingCranky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went last year once and it was in May. My buddy and I caught a grand total of 1 bass and it was a fluke bite, reeling in my jig to chuck it again. After that bite I figured they were on the faster moving baits vibe but cranking produced nothing.

I'm sure I'll hit it up again at least one other time this year as well, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
steven1smith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it was VERY slow last year, which is surprising when there's all those reports of huge fish coming from there. But it might be different this year, cant hurt to give it a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
FishinViciousPete

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quanni is a very tough lake, I myself have done very well and other days really bad. Never got the skunk there!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm local and I only paddle at Q on glass days. ^^^He's right, it's a tough lake. Blows like snot out of the north often, though I will say I have taken some serious shoe boxes out of there. I have only been skunked there a couple of times. My best is a just over 4lb, and that came from standing on RT 77 in a absolute clusterfluck lightning storm I had no business fishing in. Whenever I go there I kill too much time casting over my other shoulder for trout (big mgmt lake) and I couldnt catch a trout if it landed in my lap. South end is good, with some docks and structure along the way, but it's a LONG paddle across the ocean to get there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: