CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bass Spawn Upstate NY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey5string

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Bass Spawn Upstate NY Reply with quote

I am going up to the Adarondacks with my father at the end of this month. We are staying at a cabin right on a nice lake that conntects to a few great ponds. Ive caught bass & pike there before but kind of just a cast and see type fishing. I can almost guarantee to catch bass in the summer with a plastic berkely worm pulled off of the lily pads....

I want to go after big bass this time, Ive gotten more serious about it over the last couple years. I have all the "right" lures & even got a bait caster ; )

I was wondering if I will get there right as the bass begin spawning and wont get anything. Does the water temp matter more than anything?

I dont want to throw lures at bass on beds to annoy them into hitting it. Just doesnt feel right to me.

I suppose I could go for pike or find a walleye lake up there. There are tons of lakes in the area. Live lining a small bluegill and having a pike nail it is a lot of fun!

Id just hate to be bass fishing when theyre not going to bite.

thanks
hila2006

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really hard to say when they'll spawn. Water temp, moon phase all have a lot to do with it. I'd give it a shot first, upstate NY should be pre spawn, but it's hard to say for sure. All bass don't spawn at the same time though, so you could just avoid bed fishing, or go for pike and walleye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: