CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Location of the next CTFishTalk Team Tournament Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Location of the next CTFishTalk Tournament
Highland
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Twin Lakes
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Zoar
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Location of the next CTFishTalk Team Tournament Reply with quote

Where should we have our next Team Tournament possibly in June pending permit dates? Poll will be open for 7 days

Last edited by chuckc on Tue May 29, 2012 9:38 am; edited 3 times in total
hoppy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted twin for the simple fact the boat traffic wont be so nutty there and i think we could see some bigger bags from there. after all it is a "trout lake". we all know big bass will eat trout.........its a no brainer for me. twin!!!!!
Nickp

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in for anywhere just need dates, I know I had commitments on the weekend of the 9th and 10th. The weekend after that would be good to go for me at least.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on zoooar!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really dont want that. Myself and zorro pulled in 16lbs last time there while chuck and ryan topped us with a slightly better sack. Not alot of people can do that on zoar. Id put money on chuck and ryan again- great team with a lot of experience on lakes and fishing with each other.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe zoar is the closest to me thats why I said that

maybe ill do some inside betting so even if I lose, I will win some money =P Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets keep these T's fun guys. Making picks or saying "id put my money on so and so" takes the fun right out of it. There were some guys there saturday that are new to the site, new to Tourney fishing period. Lets try not to discourage anyone who wants to participate from doing so. There is no dought chuck and ryan are both awesome bass fisherman and make a fantastic team. No one can deny that. If we all stated who our picks would be it could discourage the new guys from coming out and giving it a shot. Thats my $0.02. As said by some others that saturday at Bantam was an awesome group of guys. Hope to see some guys back at the next one.
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im down for anywhere, I fish 50% position only t's anyways- no money besides $1 lunker and points. Date is only thing that stops me from fishing- AND mansfield hollow. lol
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These tourneys are not about $. I am actually thinking of lowering the entry fee to $40.00 a team to encourage more site members to get involved pending feed back from the guys that fished the last tourney. I throw these tournaments to give guys a more laid back tournament environment that don't want to deal with the politics or hassle of the trails in state and where we actually discuss how and where we were catching fish. CTFishTalk tourneys are also 100% pay back tourneys so myself or the site make no $ off of these events.
If you do win one of our tourneys you walk away with a little $ to compensate for your gas, boat, etc and some site bragging rights but it is not going to be enough money to change your lifestyle.
I also want some input on what lakes guys would like to see our events so I put up this pole after some of the feed back I got during the weigh in at Bantam.

Any and all input will be taken into consideration so please feel free to post or pm me! Mr. Green

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we're in for the next one no doubt. Just need the date and where. It really doesn't matter what lake because we're new here anyways. We've only done on t since we moved here and that was flippys at Highland in the fall. We really enjoyed that one so we're looking forward to more. We like the looks of Zoar, don't know anything about twin. So as soon as you know, we'll all know,cool.
hoppy

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree 100% chuck. we are all better off if these are kept light and easy.

As far as places to fish........im open and willing to fish anywhere. However, I think with the hopes of bringing some new guys out, in my mind the lakes that are picked are lets say "the easier" lakes. A lake that has a better chance of allowing guys to come in with ful bags. zoar would not be one of those. congamond could be a good choice,mashapaug can be good to. like i said at the T, McDonough if we can make it happen would also be a great place. I think the other thing that should be considered is the fish limit to be lowered to 5. That does many things......gives guys a better shot at filling there well and would allow guys to do some culling during the day(exciting!) Laughing. This is your thing chuck and you do a great job with it. Its a big task to take on so thanks. Im in for whenever or wherevere. Ill be ready to fish.
x182dan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in going where ever the tournament is as long as I am free. I've never met any of you ctfishtalk guys so it would be nice to meet some of you.
hila2006

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, let's all keep this fun. Do you have a tentative date yet? Congamond is a good spot for one, I can't seem to catch a cold there, but the wife kicks ass every time we go. I don't mind wherever it is though, a little work to figure out a pattern never hurts.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issue with cogamond is the lead ban. I like the muck a lot but until CT bans lead that's all I use.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point........im in the same boat now i think about it. no tungsten in this boat. Crying or Very sad but that could change easily enough. Whatever you do please dont pick winchester. That has to be the bassiest looking but stingy lake in the state. I hate fishing there. can we fish waramaug? that place can be good.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: