CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Fishin in the rain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Fishin in the rain Reply with quote

So there's this nice pond behind behind the ER I work in that I've wanted to fish for years (about 30 shallowish acres.) The fire dept was kind enough to cut access and lay a gravel "dock" down to the water and out a few feet last week. I've tossed a few senkos and lizards into the pads in between fractured hips, table saw FUBAR's, and my favorite and our most popular spring/summer issue...the rapala treble hook in juniors earlobe, with the trailer hook in gramp's hand. I have a raw left thumb to show for it from not too many casts. Pulled in (7) 1.5-2pounders in about 20 casts. Only one was caught twice. The rest of the pond is clear water, and I'm giddy dreaming about lunks. I'm slippin the boat in thursday evening. I dont fish much in the rain, but I'm not waiting till next week. What's your best rain fishing tackle and technique?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanley Ribbit cast parallel to the shoreline.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention it. Due to a shameless frenzy of tackle shopping online last night, I happen to have a bag of ribbits two daying it here.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i caught fish in and around weeds monday in the rain using senkos

Last edited by perfect hook set on Sat May 26, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
hoppy

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i throw the same stuff in just about all weather conditions. Some of my best days on clear water lakes have been on overcast and or rainy days. So with that being said, if you have good rain gear, get out there and throw the same stuff youd be throwing on any other day. Like mentioned, senkos if you use them, spinnerbaits, etc, will all produce in the rain, as would they when its not raining. not only can the fishing be fantastic but more time then not youll be one of the few brave soles out there. Got love having a place to your self or almost.
MarkO

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with Hoppy. Good rain gear and throw everything you normally would. With that said, darker skirt spinnerbaits and rattletraps are personal favorites for me in the rain.
hoppy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad someone agrees with me. LOL Laughing

rxpstx.........just get out there. Windy, rainy.............the fish dont care. its usually the fisherman thats the one giving in on days like that. I cant say enough about GOOD rain gear though. you certainly pay for what you get. Nothing worse then getting soaked out there on a brisk day. GOOD raingear can keep you on the water in comfort. Its seldom used but when you need it and use it youll be glad you spent the extra bucks on set.
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have great rain gear Hop. Gear I never would have spent the money on to fish, but I raced big sailboats for years and have a set of light weight Musto offshore gear. It's not exactly stealth, in bright red, but keeps me bone dry. As for whether the fish care if it's raining...I dont think they like to get wet. I was at a good spot that produces and only got 2 two pounders on the edge of the weed line. The beds were giving up nada.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: