CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bashan Lake boat launch question?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCUBAshep

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Bashan Lake boat launch question? Reply with quote

Hey everyone just moved to CT and was looking at a few lakes, saw the bashan lake boat launch. Any info on if you could fit a 16' fisher, flat bottom on the boat launch. It's not paved which concerns me a bit. Any info on the "tricks of the trade" on getting my boat into this lake would be appreciated, and also how the fishing is? Thanks all. Lucas
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site! You will be able to launch at Bashan with no problems. I don't fish there a ton so I cant comment on how good it will be. Maybe a site member from that part of the state will chime in.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome and the information on the launch, much appreciated. Good luck this season!
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple weeks ago the lake was down 4 feet. It's a very small shallow launch and there are rocks on the way out. Just be careful.

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been there once (last year) and I thought the fishing was pretty decent. There are some nice size bass in there. The lake was down pretty low as noted, also in the DEP weekly report. It may be back up to normal though. Personally I would check it out first before towing down there. Under normal conditions though you should have no problem launching there. I have an 18" Bass Tracker flat bottom boat and I didn't have a problem launching. It's an odd launch though. To be safe what I did was launch and troll out to the main part of the lake. You have to pass through a small narrow channel immediately after you launch.

As you can see from the picture, it's a tight spot...but manageable when it's normal. DEP said the refill date on the water was April 15, plus we have gotten rain so you might be okay.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bashan is an extremely clear lake. Flourocarbon line fishing a dropshot, shakey head and wakey rig will have you catching fish all day. A great lake to hone your light line skills.
SCUBAshep

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys! It's very much appreciated. To steve, where did you catch that pike, haha Wink
SAP284

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT River! There are some big fish in the river!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boat ramp is ok and I use my car to pull my boat ! The dirt is really packed down ! The only ramp I've had a problem with was lake beseck in middlefield ct when the waters low the ramp turns to gravel took 30 min and a set of tires to get my car out! You'll deffently like bashan lake ! Its so beautiful and u can see 15 ft down to the granite bottom on most days! Real finesses fishing lake! The waters so clear!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: