CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Cold Congamuck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAWS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Cold Congamuck Reply with quote

Pre fished congy with steve slay and Dan last night 8p-12:30a,. We had the whole lake to ourselves. What a dump! 2 lbs of Dead mucky weeds on every bait on every cast. Steve managed 1 fish (12") on a dropshot in 15' and Dan grabbed 1 fish on a Doug Hannon snake bait in south pond in the pads, and I managed not to fall asleep.I have'nt been there since the ice out in 05 and not looking forward for next week. But im sure the nasty cold front that came in did'nt help at all.

Water temp 76 degrees
Air temp 54 degrees
S.layin
chumslick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys r bummin, i fished there thursday 7 bass biggest about 4 pounds. I'm not in the tourney so i'll tell ya, fish north pond man, middle and south is a toilet, dont waste yer time there
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CongaMUCK is a tough lake. I perfer not to fish there.
JESTERJACKSON

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That place is real rough!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there years ago and pretty much had the same results as you. Very weedy!! Haven't been back.
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fished the muck a few times not one of my favorites but there are fish there.most of the fish I've caught came from deep weed lines or deep humps(there are atleast 2 humps in the middle lake)good luck at that tourny BAWS.
T_Shan BAWS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really quite a shame what Massachusetts has done to that lake. There use to be such beautiful weedbeds in there. You can still catch fish there, but now you're very limited to where you can find them. It'd be nice if they didn't kill them off for a year to see what the state of the weeds is after 6 straight years of spraying. It doesn't help that the lake gets POUNDED from ice out through the spawn with very big (40+ boat) tournaments.
Fish-head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-mond is a tough lake to figure out. I really miss that lake!!! It's been VERY hot here in SC. Highs last week were 105-107! It's cooled down some into the upper 90's to near 100. I haven't been in the boat for 3 weeks and I'm going into withdrawls! Smile

For me the bass fishing at C-mond actually improved after they killed off the weeds. The bass relate more to open water type structure, points, humps, drop-offs. The thing is when you do find a spot it will usually hold multiple fish. I fished a hump in Middle pond and my record was 35 bass from this single area. The best bait that I found for C-mond was a Sweat Beaver in Roadkill color matched with a Reaction Innovations 1/4 oz screwed up jighead. I won many T's there last year on that bait!

Try a 3/8 or 1/2oz spinnerbait deep too.
After you find a hump, try to get on top of it. Then fancast out into deeper water letting the bait go all the way to the bottom. give it a quick snap to get the blades turning and reel in very slow. I've had a few bass try and rip the rod from me!

Good luck to all on the Muck. Wish I could fish it with you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you fish-head,..we sure miss you at the tournies!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: