CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New guy from Vernon, Need encouragement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zach0208

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: New guy from Vernon, Need encouragement Reply with quote

Just started fishing. Got a 6'6 spinning reel rod with 6 lb mono. I went to Valleys Fall Park (a small pound) and tried my gear. I tied the line to a #6 hook, I used a float with split shots and salmon egg as bait. It didn't work at all......I also tried a 1/16 oz spinner with a treble hook, got nothing either.

I have limited knowledge and experience, could someone give some suggestions?: Embarassed

BTW: I know little about fishing but I know it is wrong to leave something that does not belong there. I found broken fishing lines all around (one as long as perhaps 30 yards), and also some other parts. I spent about half an hour to clean everything around me I hope people could do better at the park...... Cool
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just fished that place the other day and spent time cleaning it up as well. PM me and we can get together and fish the place on TUES evening if you'd like
chud059

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valley falls can be tricky. a lot of people fish there...usually they bottom fish for trout. Once school is out or after 4th of july the beach part is open and people swim in there...then forget it. I catch an occasional bass or pickerel in there. It does get stocked throughout the year and it quiets down after labor day weekend. Try the back end of the pond next time..could be less people in those areas. The trails are nice, my wife and I walk there 2 or 3 times a week.

just up the road is walkers reservoir, another TM pond...small accesible....trout, bass and pumpkinseeds...been seeing suckers in there lately... it's right off exit 67, take a right and an immediate right. Again, go during the weekdays during the day and it's the most quiet.
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going out Tues night from 5pm till dark - either valley falls or walkers res if you two wanna meet up - PM ME
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site ! Lots of Knowledge around here that's for shur !! But the first place you should start is amazon or wallmart get some books on fishing! they even have a "how to fish for dummies " book with tons of general info ! What kinda fish u going for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: