CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Deleware Float Trip 8/18 / Awesome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Special K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Deleware Float Trip 8/18 / Awesome Reply with quote

My buddy and I did our annual float trip down the Deleware yesterday.We floated from the Ten Mile River access down to the Zane Grey where the Lackawaxen comes into the main stem.The water was in the 70's clarity was 7-10 ft depending on location and low.Partly sunny, mid 70's we had a light shower in the afternoon. We caught and released 143 SMB ranging in size from 10 to 15 1/2"s. Appprox 75% were legal 12"s or better,we also had about a dozen other fish,(rock bas,bluegill,chubb,etc). We caught them on just about everything, the bulk of the fish came on Zoom Fat albert grubs,Senkos, we also caught them with Rapala Skitter Pops,Sammy's and floating Rapala's.The river fish are lean and fight like crazy.The 15" fish were a blast in the current. We were on the water @ 9:15 am and fished till7:15 Pm. We had a ton of laughs,the fishing and company was great and as usual or guide Bill put on fish.An awesme day,based on the fact I haven't been able to get out much time year made the day even better.We are already booked for next Aug.Wildlife was saw at least a dozen eagles,bald,golden and lmmature ones,deer,an owl which was the icing on the cake.The river scenery is breathtaking.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, Nice report !!Sounds like you had a great time!!. It's nice to know wildlife still abounds. Very Happy Thanks.

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Special K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eagles are magnificent birds.They never miss a fish.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/senko1/Picture008.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/senko1/Picture003.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an awesome float trip. Congrats on the triple digit smallies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: