CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Dunmore, VT 6-16-2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Lake Dunmore, VT 6-16-2007 Reply with quote

The family and I went to the in-laws place on Lake Dunmore in Vermont. What a an awesome lake with no boat traffic! The house is right on the water so I could just wake up and walk out on the deck right into my boat. I got a few hours of fishing in Saturday morning from 5 am till 10am and that evening for around 2 hours. Caught over 50 fish in the 2 lb range with a few bigger ones. All fish came on jigs in 15-20 ft of water. The water temps were warm( around 78 ) Here's a few pics of the better ones.

The kids playing with Dad's toy Mr. Green :

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck those look like some nice fish! Great photos...
Sounds like a great weekend!

Just one more cast...
Keith T

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job Buddy.... Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds real nice,..good job on the catching!
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Chuck! Has to be great to have a lake right in their back yard.
Steve Slay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, there are bass in there? Kidding, I know the state record came out of there. I fished there 2 years ago in June and caught only rock bass. Nice job slayin...
Bassinspector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Lake Dunmore Vt Info Reply with quote

Chuck - I be heading to Lake Dunmore in a week camping (Bass Fishing) with the family. Are there any smallies in this lake. Also how was the water clarity. Are there any Maps or areas of the Lake I must fish. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Bob Very Happy
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a nice place to visit... Where are you camping? Is it a state campground? Is there a launch?

Sounds like a nice place to go for the weekend...

Just one more cast...
Bassinspector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Camping Lake Dunmore Reply with quote

I am staying at this camp ground call Kampersville http://www.kampersville.com/index.htm Yes there is a ramp near by and a dock to keep the Skeeter wet. The place looks pretty cool for the kids, pool, games ect. Bob
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are smallies in there, but the lake is mostly Lg mouth. Fish the lower end of the lake were the no wake zone is in the cove. Lots of weeds to flip.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may have to do a weekend up there with the girlfriend...

Just one more cast...
Bassinspector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Lake Dunmore Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. With a little luck I'll post a successful report when I return.
Bassinspector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Fishing/Camping Lake Dunmore Reply with quote

My wife and I and the Kids had a great time camping. The lake is nice. I got on the water late the first day and fished from 9:30 am to 1:30pm. It was HOT, 90 degrees plus. Blue skys with 82 degree surface water and no wind. Ended up cathing 3 bass (two smallie and one large mouth) and a pickeral. Not big fish at all. Seen a lot of floating vegetation, I figured they sprayed the Lake. Not much growth in that bay. Went seaching for water. The following day was on the water by 6 am (off by 10 am) and caught 6 smallies and my wife caught 5 smallies and a 2.5 lb largemouth. A combo of Senko's, Zero,s and surface Lures. These fish were caught in 5 - 12 feet of water at vegetation with a small stream or run off entering from shore. The final day I figured it out. Seen schools of smallies attacking bait fish. I went over to see and noticed that these bait fish appeared to be perch. I passed the drop shot course by using a green (perch colar) 3 inch Yum Dinger. Ended up catching 13 smallmouth in a two hour period and 3 to 4 more on a Zell pop. Once the sun came completely over the mountains (after 9 am) the bite slowed. I'am going try this lake again for the Largemouths maybe in the Fall. For those who camp with kids it is a A++ camp ground. Thanks Chuck again for the Info. Bob
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Bassinspector, sounds like everyone had fun!
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had a good time Bob. It is a very nice lake with little pressure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: