CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Stillwater Pond 6/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Stillwater Pond 6/14 Reply with quote

Headed out on Stillwater Pond (Torrington) thursday morning with JJay after hitting the place for the first time with Peco couple days earlyer I had to give it a second shot . It was a fine clear morning with just a bite of a chill in the air when we left the launch at 5 am
hopes where high as we made our way up the lake passing many a hot looking spot on the way

heading for what we thought would be the hot spot the lillie banks at the north end
I started of with a jointed rapala on 1 rod and senko on the other Jjay picked a white strike king spinner and a senko of a different color and so the lure washing started after about 2 hours of hitting the water with many a different lure I hooked the first fish of the day

the day warmed the sun shined and the wind started the 5 mph light breeze changed to a steady 15+ hard blow (weatherman lies again) after a while the 2nd fish of the day hit the boat

note to the panfisherman there are some nice chunkers to be had Jjay had many a senko bit in half by what we could only guess where bluegills.
Time past quickly Jjay makes good company while floating along but sadly still no fish then about 3pm clouds rolled in and I decided to go to the weird shapes end of the box and bang

on a banjo type rig.
Jjay hooked 1 up on a senko about 1 inch shorter than the lure he was useing he quickly dropped the little guy back I hooked another about the same size as the 1 before Jjay did the same another little guy I lost a decent fish it came up did a little dance spit the hook and waved goodbye looked like a 8 lb to me Jjay says more like 1-2 lbs I have to bow to Jjay estimate I suffer from fishermans memory (they get bigger every time I remember them) Laughing
Well bye now the sun was low and the battery was lower so we loaded up the boat and off we go another Great Day !!!!
At the end of it all we both agree the fish see alot of lures here so start with weird shapes 1st thing stuff other ppl dont use so much.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff! Thanks for the report.
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome report dude keep up the good work!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the really nice report. If I worked like the weatherman, they'd throw my a$$ out of the ER. I always enjoy a report with pictures. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bullgill! The Rapala Jointed Shad Rap has been a great freshwater lure for me. The JSR-4 is a panfish killer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: