CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing
Viewing Topic: Salmon River TMA Update needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Salmon River TMA Update needed Reply with quote

Hi all,

Looking for info if Salmon river is still fly fishing well ??

Any tips on flies and sizes will be appriciated.

Local stuff I normally do Willimantic & Natchaug getting very low water levels and possibly fished out or close. Or my skill level stinks . ( most likely the later ) .

Also I met a guy named Charlie at the Salmon river Friday night 6/8, If any of you know him ( or Charlie is reading this ) I would like to get in touch with Him. He fishes with his son and I met him at the last pool downstream where the FLY fish only TMA runs out . Pool above the waterfall.

Steve Douville
Andover Ct.
steve.douville@gmail.com
ladyfisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we get a Nor Easter, the Salmon will be too low to fish & the water temps too warm. Best bet would be to fish the Farmington/Housatonic......If you prefer dries, tie on an Ant / Beetle pattern..other than that Pheasant Tail nymphs always work.
knowfish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just prior to the last heat wave there were still fish to be caught in the Fly area, mainly in the deeper pools. But the water was getting dangerously low and very warm.We need several days of rain if the fish are to survive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: