CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: CANCELED- CTFishTalk LAKE ZOAR 6/23/2012- CANCELED!!!!! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeOkay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be down to join if i could grab a spot on someone's boat. Time to start pm'ing the TBDs
bass tracker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Zoar Reply with quote

Hey Chuck, I PM you earlier about the tourney, I'm 50/50 right now, should know for sure by early next week. May need a partner too.

BT
ajfitzg4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Weed Treatment Reply with quote

Just a heads up they are treating Zoar this Tuesday to kill the weeds in certain areas, mainly the north end from the southbury launch and north. It is recommended to stay out of the water for 3-4 days. We will be fine for the tournament but just thought I would let you all know in case any of you were planning to go out during the week.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selected areas of Lake Zoar will be chemically treated on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 with
the USEPA/CT registered aquatic herbicides Reward (active ingredient Diquat). This
chemical treatment is targeting control of invasive and non-native Eurasian watermilfoil
weed. Approximately 35 acres of this 900 acre lake will be treated. Only those specific
treatment areas will be closed to all water uses (including, swimming, fishing and
boating) on the day of treatment only. A map showing the specific treatment areas will
be posted at the State Boat Ramp, at other public access sites to the lake, and at the Town
offices in each of the four communities. Prior to treatment, the lake shoreline (in the
treatment areas and at public access sites) will be posted with printed signs, warning of
the temporary water use restrictions. Prior to treatment, the lake shoreline (in the
treatment areas and at public access sites) will be posted with printed signs in accordance
with DEP requirements. The temporary water use restrictions associated with this
product to be applied are as follows: no swimming, fishing or boating on the day of
treatment; no use of the lake water for irrigation, watering livestock or for
drinking/cooking purposes for 5 days, commencing on the day of treatment. These
temporary water use restrictions apply only to the designated treatment areas.
Information on the specific date of application may be obtained from the person named
below. The chemical application is being conducted by the State licensed firm, Aquatic
Control Technology, Inc., of 11 John Rd., Sutton, MA 01590, Tel. (508) 865-1000;
contact Gerald Smith or Marc Bellaud.
This work is being performed for the Lake Zoar Authority, as part of its continuing
efforts to control invasive and nuisance aquatic plants throughout Lake Zoar, following
an integrated approach to management. The chemical treatment will be performed by
Aquatic Control Technology, Inc., of Sutton, MA. The Authority has also engaged an
independent, professional lake consultant who will monitor the effectiveness and results
of this treatment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chuck what ramp are we all launching from and what time? thanks
MikeOkay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still looking for a partner to take me out. If anyone is on the fence but doesnt have a partner, keep me in mind please.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still some open spots if anyone is interested..... Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chuck we have to back out, I have to work Saturday. Got a big new contract at work, and they want results by next week. Sorry man, but good luck to all and be safe. We're gonna hit the next one, just have to tell my boss way ahead of time.
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hay chuck sorry about the short notice but there's no way I can make this one !!! Sucks! But what can u do next time !! Thanks chuck definitly appreciate what u do for us!!
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOURNAMENT CANCELED

Due to lack of interest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else up? Just checked the board to make sure it started at 530 and its canceled all the sudden?
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp wrote:
Anyone else up? Just checked the board to make sure it started at 530 and its canceled all the sudden?

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Cancled Zoar Tournament Reply with quote

May I suggest that next time instead of cancelling the tournament, you just up the price $10 a team. Then there would still be a decent pay out with only 7 or 8 teams.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cancled Zoar Tournament Reply with quote

TLP wrote:
May I suggest that next time instead of cancelling the tournament, you just up the price $10 a team. Then there would still be a decent pay out with only 7 or 8 teams.

Usually I wouldn't cancel but we were down to 5 boats one of them was a "maybe" and with the chance of rain I could see us only getting 3-4 boats. Next tourney will be open to everyone not just site members. Those always seem to fill up. That or I may just to a Bantam trail and fish a tourney there every month. Bantam tournies ALWAYS fill up!! Thumbs Up Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp wrote:

As for you Nick, I tried calling you Friday.Text me your new cell phone #. Cool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: