CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: niantic river/bay fishing tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
predator1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: niantic river/bay fishing tips Reply with quote

I finally got a small 14ft Northwoods fishermen boat and im taking it out this coming weekend with my 4 yr old son to do some fishing and looking for some tips? Were gonna be fishing out of pleasure beach boat launch by Millstone and also maybe in the NIantic river itself. ANy info as to wear to fish in these areas close to the launches as i dont want to go to far out with such a small boat and my son but hoping to get soem fishign action not picky as to what we catch either. So not looking for anybodys secret spots just maybe a little help as to around where to fish and depths bait etc?WOuld be so greatley appreciated. Thank you
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run my 14' boat out there all the time. If you just want to catch with the kids, get some porgy rigs and squid/sandworms/cutbait and fish any of the rockpiles in the mouth of Jordan's Cove, the Millstone outflow area, Whiterock, etc. You can drift for fluke as well. See the chart at: http://sailvector.com/2164/Long-Island-Sound---Ri-Conn

I'll be taking my kids out there this summer.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: