CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Anybody have tips on Lake Pleasant - Adarondacks, NY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Anybody have tips on Lake Pleasant - Adarondacks, NY Reply with quote

My buddy "fishinkik" is driving up right now... Anybody have any tips for the waters up there? I don't know how good LMB fishing is, but i think they will find Smallies and Pike right??? Any tips for that lake would be appreciated.

thanks!

Just one more cast...
mikey5string

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish up that way about once a year. I just went last month. I fished the pond next to our cabin only to find out later that there is a closed season on bass until after the spawn. Might explain why I caught so many!

I would fish for bass just like you do down here.

And pike seem to be a lot more common up there. I caight a few fishing for bass. I got one on a texas rigged salamander (in about a foot of water), one on a rapala crank and one on a spoon.

I would recommend spoons, inline spinners and cranks for pike. They get big so dont be afraid to throw big lures. They also will hit it right next to the boat, so always be paying attention.

No smallies in the lake I was fishing.

Do a google search on the Lake Pleasant. I bet you could find a list of species and possibly a contour map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: