CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: My first river/lake bass boat.. thoughts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linesider21

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: My first river/lake bass boat.. thoughts? Reply with quote

Hey guys! I just picked up a nice 15ft bass boat, its got a 50hp Force main, 6hp Chrysler kicker, and a 65lb thrust troller with a foot remote and wireless remote. Its got 2 pedestal seats, a nice livewell, and all new carpet. As for electronics it has a brand new Humminbird 365I GPS/FF.. any thoughts, suggestions, etc! Just posting a pic so if anyone sees my out there you know who I am... Cool

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you? That boat's invisible to the naked eye! Laughing

Nice boat! I'm jealous! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! And yeah I'm a big fan of the camo, I will be invisible to the fish I hope!

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Nice boat!
Don't see any running lights?
If you plan on doing any night fishing -> Would suggest additional deck or inside lights + spot light!
Compass also would be helpful .....(is that one on the dash?).
SeaDog1
linesider21

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely plan on fishing at night!! It has nav/running lights, the spare on the trailor is blocking the front one, and the rear/anchor light pole is stowed. However I didn't see any interior lights other than one thats mounted on the left side of the console and it dosent look like it'll give much light. I plan on doing some selectable color LED strip lighting under the gunwales, or mounting directly to the gunwale in a piece of J channel or something of the sort. No compass, but a decent GPS/FF, although an actual compass is a great idea!! I also need to fab up some rod storage, because my Croix's are not going to b on the floor where they could easily be stepped on. I'm picking it up from the seller tomorrow night after work, I'm super stoked.. only issue is the outboard stopped going into forward on him, but still has reverse. I'm hoping its a simple linkage or cable adjustment, the kid rly isn't very mechanical and dosent want to deal with it I'm getting this boat for one hell of a price due to the outboard issue. Either way if its a clutch dog or a forward gear, they're fairly cheap and I have no issues fixing it myself!

I greatly appreciated your input, hoping for more ideas as well!

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet rig!

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rig! Heres a link to the best boat lighting company in the world!!!!! Laughing

http://www.bluewaterled.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Just what I was looking for! Thanks

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
fishfinder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet ride man!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
hila2006

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first rig, always things you'll want to add to it, no matter how much you do. Enjoy it, that's the main thing.
mikey5string

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a great looking little boat. Where did you get it? Id like to get something like that?

also, what is the "kicker" motor for?
linesider21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kicker is for skinny water, lakes with HP or speed restrictions, and for insurance being that the guy that had it before me ran rivers a lot. I actually have it up for sale already, only because I'm looking to upgrade. Check the for sale forum on here for a link. I'm not making any money on it, just want an honest turn around. There's a lot newer boats you can find around the same price, but they aren't even halfway as clean, reliable, or taken care of, nor do they include half of what I am. Either way thanks for the kind words, she's been an awesome boat for the little period I've had her.

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you got a really virulent strain of boat upgrade virus. It's taking money out of your wallet out fast! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it happened quick! I want something in the 17-20ft 75hp+ range, was going to try n pick up something that can handle salt, but I've decided to stick with a bass boat. I like to hit some of the big lakes around here, and in neighboring states. I got this boat for a steal, and fixed the outboard issue.. I've fished off of this boat about 20 times already and to me its already paid for itself! Definetly a perfect first boat!

Catch & Release

Tight Lines To All!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: