CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Original Fishing Snake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey5string

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Original Fishing Snake Reply with quote

Trying to post a review. A friend ordered them and I got to try them out last night. I wrote the review but cant get it to post when I copy and paste it from the word processing program...
mikey5string

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well....

anyway. I used them last night around dusk and they DO work. We got several fish between 2-4lbs. They didnt seem to be any better than frogs or buzzbaits but they have nice action in the water and recoil and float nicely when stationary.

They come covered in oil which makes the hook slip a lot when you first use them. I used a gam 4/0 EWG worm hook and after a little trial and error got a good setup. Have to make sure the nose is up or it will dive when twitched. I bet that would be effective but I was looking for topwater action.

Thinking of carolina rigging one and letting it float off the bottom a bit. Drag that baby through some cover and I know something will eat it!

A bit gimmicky I know but a nice topwater lure. The fact that you have to buy a "kit" turns me off. I would buy a pack or two of the white and black or brown but I dont need the "snake hooks" or "bonus DVD"

On a related note, I have seen the banjo minnow produce some quality fish. Another gimmicky lure that really looks good in the water and catches fish! Again, I could do without the "100 piece super fishing mega assortment" I recently got a few from a friend and will definitely give them a shot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: