CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Qounni Early
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Qounni Early Reply with quote

Got out of the house at 3 and boat in the water at 4. Caught a fish in the first 15 minutes (tylers like 5th cast, 1st cast in a new spot)

Good fish id put well over 2- didnt wiegh it

Chucking through all my other night spots and nada.... Couldn't believe it- usually these 3-8foot flats hold ALOT of fish at night. Decided to try a new spot by 5 in 12fow (weedlines) and I scored big in the first few casts.
4 8- gorgeous fish

Got this one on the next cast....

Working down this productive but short weedege and we hit a enclosed (roped off) swimming area with a defined drop/weeds. I pull up and say "Screw It im casting inside this thing" First cast, Im about to yank the slammer over the rope from 10 feet away and move on, as I lift the slammer over the rope I take the bait from the biggest fish ive ever seen. It slashes at the bait and misses in the light of my headlamp..... This fish was honestly 8-9pounds....... head like a dinner plate. I dont think I could of landed him if he got hooked- even on the 65lb braid and locked reel.... Pure mule of a fish. The the splash alone from the fish was a solid 4feet across instantly.

We struggled with topwater until sunup and toyed around with spinnerbaits trying for a smallie- I came up with a short largie that hit like a ton of bricks.

I picked up a fish on the bico/otter on my first cast with it and that was all she wrote- dropshotted/jigged docks for the last hour.

I was waiting for a blitz on the alewives that were all over the middle of the lake- didnt happen.
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Nick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: