CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: OBX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: OBX Reply with quote

Headed to Hatteras this weekend Very Happy July isn't spectacular for the inshore and sound fishing, but I'll fish for some trout and flounder in the 'yak, and if the conditions look good may take an offshore day with my brother. Didn't book ahead as while the inshore boats are always booked, there are always offshore guys looking for parties in this crappy economy. Have to balance the fishing with the family stuff, but it's been a while since I hooked into a billfish!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a good time RNA catch a biggun for me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: OBX Report 7/7-7/14 Reply with quote

From NWDarkcloud
Quote:
Have a good time RNA catch a biggun for me

Thanks! No Bigguns! Just a lot of small stuff fishing the 'yak I rented on the sound side. Still relaxing and a lot of fun. This was more of a family vacation. Fishing is a bit betwix and between down there in July. Much of the spring stuff had moved on, and the weather kinda sucked. Sunday and Monday blew 30+. Went down to Hatteras and Oregan Inlet marinas Monday-Wednesday. Saw a whopping total of 2 boats flying billfish flags. A few boats picked up some kings, amberjacks and gaffer mahi, but most were just pulling in bailer mahi (a few punds each). Not a lot for a $1500+ expense, even if you limit. Talked with a few captains I know about a make up charter later in the week, but got sidelined by family fun time. On the way back from Owen's Restaurant Thursday, I saw that just about every boat in the Oregon Inlet fleet was flying 3-4 to half dozen plus white and blue marlin flags! By that time it was too late to arrange for Friday, and i couldn't fish the last day down anyway. Talked with my brother about the possibility of a Maryland or southern Jersey trip in August to target white marlin. The mid-Atlantic has been producing some monster white days the past two seasons. Odds will be far better than a trip was this past week.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: