CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: ATTN: Michael Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
Nice Job! I just picked myself up a Bleeding Olive Shiner CNC-74 Clackin Crank from Dick's clearance bin for $4.98. It looks to me like more of a golden shiner color. Looking forward to trying it out.

Let me know how you like it after you try it. I have been using the clackin cranks in a couple different sizes ever since Michael recommended them to me a couple months back. One of, if not my favorite lures. The rattle is perfect - a deep rattle that gets a lot of fish pissed and eager to bite. Its not a hollow body like many other rattling cranks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to pick up a clackin and try it out. I've had great success with the shad rap series, from regular, shallow, and jointed. Yellow perch, the blue shad with the yellow line down it, and bluegill. I have one skitterpop and its had some success, but i'm not great with topwater, i also have one of the rattlebaits and thats been fair. Husky jerks have had success, with firetiger and the white bleeding one both having great success.

In the hotter days like we're having. and fish being deeper in some spots, what rapala is the one to use?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishin'Fireman wrote:
I'll have to pick up a clackin and try it out. I've had great success with the shad rap series, from regular, shallow, and jointed. Yellow perch, the blue shad with the yellow line down it, and bluegill. I have one skitterpop and its had some success, but i'm not great with topwater, i also have one of the rattlebaits and thats been fair. Husky jerks have had success, with firetiger and the white bleeding one both having great success.

In the hotter days like we're having. and fish being deeper in some spots, what rapala is the one to use?

On hotter days when you want to get down deep, I'd recommend the JSR, SRRS, TD, TDD, JDHJ, DHJ, and SR.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Rapala success catch. 3 pound 5 ounce caught with a bleeding pearl Jointed Shad Rap JSR-4
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday evening just before sunset, I was at Remington hitting those 2 pound taylors pretty well with a flake blue Max Rap MXR-13.

The only other fisherman who came close to my success was somebody who started hitting the taylors well when he switched over to a silver Saltwater X-Rap SXR-12. If he had been using it before while I was already into the blue, he would have been as successful as me.

Rapala has been outdoing the blues and other fishermen.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on a roll with my trusty glass minnow Husky Jerk HJ-6. Tons of stripers up to 13", lots of white perch up to a keeper 9", new PB 10" 13 ounce rock bass, and first late summer crappie at Beardsley Park in a few years.

Also had my best topwater action in the salt recently with my chrome Skitter Pop SP-9. Landed 6 blues up to 4 pounds, lost a few, and had tons of explosions with one looking close to 8 pounds.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a few Rapalas recently on Ebay and sold some to Genna. One was an olive green Clackin Minnow CNM-9 which he used at the Reef Sunday evening. With that Rapala came 2 surprises. A 10" and 12" porgy caught on a Rapala!

DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAP284 wrote:
DirtyDawg10 wrote:
Nice Job! I just picked myself up a Bleeding Olive Shiner CNC-74 Clackin Crank from Dick's clearance bin for $4.98. It looks to me like more of a golden shiner color. Looking forward to trying it out.

Let me know how you like it after you try it. I have been using the clackin cranks in a couple different sizes ever since Michael recommended them to me a couple months back. One of, if not my favorite lures. The rattle is perfect - a deep rattle that gets a lot of fish pissed and eager to bite. Its not a hollow body like many other rattling cranks.

The only thing I caught with it was a log at the bottom of Keeney Cove Embarassed Laughing It was a big one and it decided to hold on to my lure.

I have a couple other smaller ones though that I still haven't tried out yet.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over 10 white perch at the Naugy in Derby all on Rapalas with most caught with the trusty HJ-6. One was a new PB 11 1/2" 14oz.
fishingkid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a good color SSR-9 to use in saltwater?
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishingkid wrote:

2 colors that have been very productive for me are Shad and Purpledescent. Silver and Blue are also colors to consider. The discontinued color on the Shad Rap lineup called Shiner is also good if you can somehow get one.
fishingkid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
fishingkid wrote:

2 colors that have been very productive for me are Shad and Purpledescent. Silver and Blue are also colors to consider. The discontinued color on the Shad Rap lineup called Shiner is also good if you can somehow get one.

Thanks. Is shad the one with the dark back and the silverish side?
anointed130

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone post a pic of what that might look like...

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
Can someone post a pic of what that might look like...

Shad

Purpledescent
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fall 2012 striper fishing was successful with Rapala.

I'm sure many of you saw my reports. I had days with the Flat Rap FLR-10 at Seaside Park where I'd reach close to 10 schoolies up to 20". One day was over 10 with 1 being a 21" fish and the lure was a SSR-9 Shad. December 3rd was the big day for me when I caught close to 20 up to 31 1/2" on the Housy with a Max Rap MXR-17 and Flat Rap FLR-16.

2012 was the first year I ever caught more than 1 keeper in 1 year alone. One was a 28" fish that was probably sick after seeing how thin it was and hardly had any meat. That was caught with a small Husky Jerk HJ-8 in the color Glass Minnow. The other was a new PB CT keeper measuring 30 1/2 inches and weighing around 11 1/2 pounds. Caught with a Flat Rap FLR-16 in the color Pearl Grey Shiner.

Here's what Rapalas ranging from 8cm 3 1/8 inches long to 16cm 6 1/4 inches long can do for you in striper territory.

FLR-16

FLR-10

SSR-9

CNR-8

HJ-8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: