CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Bloomfield fisherman, looking for local or nearby partner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikingned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Bloomfield fisherman, looking for local or nearby partner Reply with quote

Hello Guys and Gals,

Name is Ned, 50 years young and retired, lots of free time to fish, clam,crabbing, ect ect.

Born and raised in Connecticut, very familiar with the sound, CT River, Farmington River and many ponds and lakes. Love to fish and spend time doing freash and salt water activities.

I'm recently moved back to the States after living in the Philippines for two years. I have a boat, but need to do some work on it and reg. it.....Been sitting for 2 years.

Willing to share gas and bait cost always, also travel cost if making trips, like say we want to go fishing out of Point Judith , RI...ect ect..

Prefer weekdays to weekends, weekends I tend to fish with sister and her husband, but still not out of the question.
Open to all ideas and offfers.
Thanks and feel free to PM me here or answer this post.

Ned
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mabuhay! So, were you a Nordic giant in the Philippines or are you filipino? Laughing

I'm in Avon, but fish all over the state. Maybe we could both check out the Congamond Lakes, together. I still haven't been there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Mabuhay! So, were you a Nordic giant in the Philippines or are you filipino? Laughing

I'm in Avon, but fish all over the state. Maybe we could both check out the Congamond Lakes, together. I still haven't been there.

Neither, just a born and raised CT boy....My wife is Filipina, from Cebu,Philippines,; but we've been married now for 15 years.

sounds great, always up to fishing,just about anywhere. Just stay in touch and lets try to plan a fishing trip someday soon.

Ned
SAP284

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagalog Very Happy

I know we spoke of this before, any other dialects you know Phil? My family knows 3, and I know some of the words Confused

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Steve, I don't know much of anything in tagalog. Wink I was born in Flushing, Queens, and my mother didn't want me or my sisters to have filipino accents, so we spoke only english growing up. I only know how to eat in filipino. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah gotcha! Well at least you are enjoying the foods, so good!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAP284 wrote:
Tagalog Very Happy

I know we spoke of this before, any other dialects you know Phil? My family knows 3, and I know some of the words Confused

I can speak a little Cebuano/Visiyan ( central area of the Philippines islands) islands like Cebu, Bohol, Leyte, Negros.... My wife can speak Cebuano/Visiyan, Tagalog, Japanese, and English.....

Nothing better than a Cebu Roasted Pig.....Leechon Baboy!!!! The best...hahahaha
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I spent 3 years sailing in and out of the Philipines on oceanographic expeditions.
Visited Cebu several times.
Love the people and the food ! Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Vikingned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:
Hi,

I spent 3 years sailing in and out of the Philipines on oceanographic expeditions.
Visited Cebu several times.
Love the people and the food ! Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green

Thanks SeaDog1,

Couldn't agree more, been married to my lovely filipina wife for going on 15 years now.

Ned
wtbybud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: would love to join you some day Reply with quote

Hi I am also a 50yo who has a lot of time to fish between looking for work. I have my grandson some days and he's only 6 but other days during the week would be interested in joining you and can certainly travel from Waterbury. I also can pay for gas and bait and supplies am looking to spend more time on the water and less wasting my time...Let me know am free during the week, ...I fish to fish but bring them home for the wife to eat, she's from Brazil.....
bass tracker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Fishing Partner Reply with quote

Hey Ned, I've tried to PM you about getting together to fish, I live in Manchester which is not too far. PM me when you can.

BT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: