Minn Kota
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Motor Guide
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Minn Kota VS Motor Guide Reply with quote

Ok gentlemen, Which one do you use and why?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnkota all the way!! More reliable and better performance IMO. And if by chance something happens to the unit parts and service are easier to get around the state than Motor Guide. Also if you ever got a chance to run both the feel of the foot pedal to me feels better with the Minnkota than the other.
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: HAD BOTH BRANDS! Reply with quote

In all the years I've been fishing I have had plenty of both. My choice is MinnKota.. much more quiet and reliable. just my opinion. cmorjoe
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes you wonder why the Pro's use Motor Guide.. Must be marketing or sponsored..
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These results will be kind of tainted since Reynolds probably sells 75% of the boats in CT now and his boats come pre-rigged with minn kota. When I bought my boat from Reynolds I had him remove the minn kota and install a digital 24volt Motor guide Tour edition motor with the lowrance built in transducer. I really abuse my trolling motor alot more than most ( it has the scratches and dings to prove it) and it just takes it day after day.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChuckC,

I agree about Reynolds selling most the boat's in CT, however I have seen a lot of Motor Guide on the water.

Last year I had a Power Drive 12v Minn Kote and I couldn't kill the thing. When I purchased my new Skeeter it came with a Minn Kote Edge 70 24v and it's not as good as the Power Drive.

I'm looking to dump this Minn Kota Edge but before I do and spend $1000.00 I would like to hear what everyone has to say.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Minn Kota Reply with quote

My first and second Skeeters from Reynolds had Motor Guides....actually, my second Skeeter had TWO Motor Guides!!!! One in the hole for when the first one quit or acted up! Knock on wood - haven't had issues with the MK and only have the one on board. Having Mike at Tournament Force there to service MK if you ever needed to helps the sell as well. I haven't run the MG since they went digital, so maybe they are better now.
MG's are easier to replace on the water.
MK's are easier to replace a broken pull cord on the water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: