CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Shimano Curado line guide shakes...normal?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamdesign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Shimano Curado line guide shakes...normal? Reply with quote

Hey guys.

Another question for ya.

I was doing maintenance on my Shimano Curado last night and I noticed how loose the line guide was. Should the line guide be snug and not able to shake at all, or is it common for them to be a bit shaky?

Thanks
hoppy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright you found the right spot. Laughing

i dont believe the line guide should be loose. loose to the point your worried it will come out? might not hurt to put a small dab of super glue on it to keep it snug. wont take much. how old is the real?
lamdesign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 4 years old. Curado 200E

After reassembly it isnt as bad, but the reeling is my main concern right now.
I put on some new line (Berkley Gold Fluoro) and it seems like it reels fine, but it almost seems like its rough. I know the line is sensitive, and I feel a lot, but it seems like I feel too much. It feels like something is rubbing (not grinding). Nothing is catching up or making it hard to reel, but it always feels the line is rubbing against raw metal or something. I thought it was my rod guides being worn, but now im thinking it may be the bearings. I keep them lubricated well, but maybe they r just old?
hoppy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you really shouldnt get any resistance with line through the guides. Im thinking something internal might be your issue if it feels rough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: