CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: new guy from Trumbull
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: new guy from Trumbull Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so here's a little about me. I'm a lifelong fisherman who has really caught the fishing bug this year. In the past I lived in Florida and my PB include a nice 7ft Sailfish and huge 70lb Amberjack.
Anyway here in Trumbull I started out fishing for bass and trout this season, and had good success catching lots of LB. Then I kept hearing about how the fishing in the Sound, and for stripers is much better when I used to live here, (compared to when I fished in the Sound with my Dad in the early 90's). So last week I started fishing the Sound and I am hooked! My first fish was a big striper-I guess I wasn't expecting it because I didn't have a tape measure, so I let him go (I normally practice catch and release anyway). The striper was right around keeper size, I'll eventually post a pic. Then I caught a couple nice blues. Boy they fight great! The last being a big 31inch blue which at times I wondered if I was ever going to get him to shore. All my fishing is from shore, although Id love to fish from a boat, but I don't have one or have too many friends who fish, and having just got back into fishing heavy, I'm still trying to figure things out. Like since I live in Trumbull I can't get into any Bridgeport beaches, and figuring out where to go has been challenging. And figuring out the best bait and lures has been fun and challenging as well. All this waterfront in CT and so little space to fish from shore. Anyway I started coming to this site and found it helpful and interesting and full of people that are into the same thing as me-fishing! I even noticed one member must live right next to me because we fish in a lot of the same spots, and all in the same area-which showed me good fishing was right here! Thanks for being here.
Chris
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Chris!

I'm always looking for a fishing partner. I'd be happy to help you with getting to know local surf fishing areas and show you some largemouth places.

Feel free to send me a PM.
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Chris.

Michael is THE MAN to talk to for that neck of the woods for sure and also the "Blues Master"!

JC
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimiChanga wrote:
Welcome Chris.

Michael is THE MAN to talk to for that neck of the woods for sure and also the "Blues Master"!

JC

Bluefish Buster loves to bust those Blues!!!!!!!!!!!
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Chris. Lot's of great resources and people here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody!

How do I post pictures? Or is there a place that explains these basic functions? Im sorry about the questions, I'm also new to sites like this. Thanks in advance.[/img]
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to post pics, you need to have the direct link to it from either an online gallery or the CTFT gallery.
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael
bjo16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris,

Im right down the road in Stratford near Hawley Lane so im down for new fishing partners. Same with my friends no one is really into it that much. I got several boats for fresh and salt so if you wanna go out lemme know.
Zach0208

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Chris, looking forward to pictures Cool
DEdgeAFVet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Chris!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: